View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:06 AM
no, im not saying ban these dogs, i love this breed just as much as the next person, but it amazes me that noone seems to sympathy with this child.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Archer
Dad Darren, 28, a music technology student, was bitten along with another man as they dragged the berserk animal off.

I'm sorry I agree with Don don...this wasn't just a bite and retreat...this was an attack where the dog intended to cause damage.This dog should be put to sleep regardless of the situation it was put in....this dog is a risk to children.Children will be children and even if the dog was provoked to attack like this is not on. If the dog had snapped and then left it then thats another story IMO

the point we are making is no one knows what happened - due to the journalism failures - its all horrific words etc and none of us actually know what happened- the very fact the photo they published is of what i can only assume is a staff that has been used as a fighting dog rather than the actual dog itself is just to provoke.

I disagree - whilst that particular dog may in fact be proven to be aggresive and a danger - from that article there are no facts as to what happened in the run up so how can anyone make a fair judgement.

JMO - its not that I dont think the child was bitten or that I think its ok - I just dont like the sensalionist journalism involved.
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:12 AM
as i said, the dog could have been any breed of dog, but it also could have been a staff or a pit, but regardless the child was obviously attacked by a dog, shes 3 yrs old for christ sake shes no more than a baby
Stephanie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:13 AM
it really does depend on the situation - if the attack was totally unprovoked then yes I would be very worried but i would definitley consult a behaviourist etc before any final decision was made but if the attack was provoked then thats a different story IMO. If it was an adult the dog had bitten/gone for then you can be pretty sure that there would be no story but because it is a child it then it becomes headline news.

If I were having a party for my kids theres no way I'd leave my dogs tethered in the garden whether it be winter or summer, they would be somewhere where they can have some peace and quiet and safe.
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Dad Darren, 28, a music technology student, was bitten along with another man as they dragged the berserk animal off.

I'm sorry I agree with Don don...this wasn't just a bite and retreat...this was an attack where the dog intended to cause damage.This dog should be put to sleep regardless of the situation it was put in....this dog is a risk to children.Children will be children and even if the dog was provoked to attack like this is not on. If the dog had snapped and then left it then thats another story IMO
but who can say if the dog did snap first, he may of growled snapped tried to move away
Archaeopath
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:15 AM

You're judging this from an article that actually used the words "dragged the berserk animal off" - hardly objective phrasing.

From the photo alone, the child does not seem to have endured a "savage", "brutal", "berserk" or any other kind of melodramatic kind of attack.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

23-06-2005, 11:20 AM

We were not there Archer so cannot know what really happened to initiate the incident. I am in no way excusing an unprovoked attack by a "berserk" animal. All I am saying is that the yellow press have got hold of a story which they appear to be sensationalizing in a most distasteful and dishonest (see photo) manner, and without regard for all the facts. In so doing they are fueling the distrust of the public for a breed and driving another nail into the coffin of the SBT.

One wonders if the report would have been quite so 'exciting' had the offending dog been a CKCS, a CS, a poodle, a bitzer, any SWF, etc.?
DonDon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:21 AM
except a tore eye. the story may not be a 100% but then again it could be the whole truth, again, as iv already said, regardless of breed this child was attacked by a dog, come on. if that was my child id be fuming. some dogs are just plain crazy, iv seen dogs of various breeds attacking people for no reason at all with my own eyes, iv also seen dogs attack for a reason and some people deserve it but this is a baby were talking about.
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:25 AM
2 men and a child were bitten for goodness sake....
OK the article is over the top but if this dog had snapped and then left it would not have bitten 2 other people.This would have HAD to be a sustained attack.I know the article has been sensationalised...but that doesn't mean the facts are not true.It doesn't matter which breed......the dog as an individual bit 3 people and IMO needs to be destroyed.
Look at your dog...now if a child annoyed that dog and it bit them once you would 'forgive' it...I would.
Now if that same dog ,wether a staff,a lab or a JRT in the same circumstances bit the child and continued to bite and then bit 2 people who were trying to help the child could you honestly say that thats ok?? I couldn't...I know as much as it would break my heart the dog would be PTS.
I'm sorry but this article has put in stupid words to make things sound more 'impressive'...it doesn't mean that the facts about who was bitten are incorrect.
Cooper
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2005, 11:28 AM
I couldnt beleive my eyes!
That has made me so mad!!!! I am going to write to them!!!
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »