04-08-2009, 02:34 PM

Puppy Farming Five news

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-...s_In_Tiny_Pens
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Its disgusting.

And what makes me even more angry is that the Council are basically doing nothing about it..

"After expressing concern, the authority asked the farms to make some changes but allowed them all to keep their licences"

I'm going to leave a complaint on the Council's website, not that I think it will make a great deal of difference, particularly as I don't live in their area.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Good idea, Hali. I`ll do the same. If enough people object, they might take notice.
aliwin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-08-2009, 04:23 PM
I didn't think you were still allowed to sell puppies and kittens in pet shops. Is it only Birmingham City Council that doesn't allow this then?

I will send an email to the council too!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Good idea, Hali. I`ll do the same. If enough people object, they might take notice.
I'm pessimistic as ever - was just doing a search for more info about the Council and puppy farms. Following a programme on sc4 back in March, a petition of 4,000 signatures was put to Carmathenshire Council. From what I've read, the Council don't seem to give a s**t and the petition seems to have made no difference.

But at least we'll p them off a bit having to deal with the complaints
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2009, 08:30 AM
It's a long running battle with Camarthen Council and some are pretty sure money is exchanging hands. One of their inspectors said the reason there is no bedding is because the bitches prefer to give birth on concrete Funny mine wont even give birth in a nice whelping box but insist on either the bed, sofa or my lap!
Becky