View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-05-2006, 06:46 PM

which pet insurance company technically?

the search thing has gone from the top, so im going to have to ask im afraid.

indies insurance has come through to be renewed for this year. im with tesco. but ive noticed that it only covers for illness for 12 months after the start, so obv not a cover for life if she gets somethin that needs covering.

i was planning to switch to marks and spencer as they do a no excess. does anyone know if premiums go up everytime u claim and also, the yearly cover is 7,500 or something, is this alot? and do they continue to cover for the life of an illness as it doesnt seem to say on the website, so wonderin if anyone knows without me havin to phone them.

or are there any better companies that cover for life and have a good deal? indies monthly with tesco is about 11 pound somethin and marks and spencer quoted 14 somethin for a no excess policy
pet-village
New Member!
Female 

25-05-2006, 11:52 PM
We are with marks and spencer insurance and i have to say they have been great, the first claim is a bit slow as they request all your pets medical history from the vet's. We havent had a premium raise because of any claims and we have claimed a few times. And the zero excess option is great too, we have all our family with them now.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 08:13 AM
i've just insured mine with M&S, cheap, good policy BUT the customer service is appalling. they have messed mine up from the word go and the've taken money from my account when they shouldn't and when i've questioned this all i got was ' send us your bank statement to prove it'.

if this is the way they work then i wont be staying with them much longer. god forbid if i have to claim!!

i know others are with them with no problems but i feel you need to know the other side of the coin.

Be careful and question EVERYTHING on the policy and their customer service.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 08:36 AM
I've just got Roxy insured through the Kennel Club, has no-one else done that?
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 10:37 AM
My friends dad insured through More Than and had very good customer service from them, they cover for Lifetime and he had no difficulties with them paying out.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2006, 04:54 PM
does m&s only cover for 12 months per condition?
i think tesco do this and its a bit worrying incase indie got somethin she would have to have medication for life for as it wouldnt be covered.
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 07:54 AM
I've just put my two with M&S, although they werent the cheapest, i liked the no excess option and it was a total of about £28 a month. As i understand it they cover a condition for the length of the policy so if your dog develops something and it is ongoing beyond that policy's insurance year, as long as you renew the policy with them they will continue to pay for the condition. Also i think the £7000 si quite high, most companies were between 4 and 6. Hope that helps x
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2006, 08:00 AM
Jenny - pretty sure M&S is for life.

As for premiums going up....we've clamied around £4000 in the last 6 months, and my renewal came, and it hasn't changed
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl
I've just got Roxy insured through the Kennel Club, has no-one else done that?
Yep Suki is with the kennel club but to be honest it's a lot more expensive than M&S
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2006, 05:02 PM
Jenny, I have Oz insured with M&S and can only say good things about them. I found them to be brilliantly efficient in dealing with his claim which was over £500 and paid within a week no questions asked.

We pay just over a tenner with No Excess and as far as I can remember hasn't gone up at all or if it has it is only pence. A lot of other companies were much more expensive and their cover was not as comprehensive
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >