View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I cant get the links up but the Welsh is not unlike the English it's dripping in coat and it seems to have been straightened.
Not a great fan of the British BOB mainly because I think it's too immature to be taking such awards (will be lovely in few months but looked like the junior it was).Think the fact it lacks skirt makes the comparison harder.
Don't particularily like any of the American heavily coated breeds they're far to over groomed for my liking and an English without spots is unthinkable.
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Really enjoying this thread!

In the US they definitely seem to prefer a more fancy groomed look and this is perfectly illustrated by the Affenpinscher...

The UK breed standard states...
Coat
Correct coat needs no trimming, rough and harsh in texture, short and dense on some parts of body and shaggy on others.

DARKLE DOMINION

The AKC actually says this...
A correct coat needs little grooming to blend the various lengths of hair to maintain a neat but shaggy appearance.
But they obviously prefer the more groomed look!

GCH Banana Joe V Tani Kazari

I actually prefer the more scruffy look but Banana Joe is a lovely dog, nice and cobby which is just what I love in the breed, small but in no way delicate. And he's actually a Dutch dog who has done really well in Europe, where they also prefer the very groomed look.

J.
border pop
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-03-2011, 11:06 PM
the American in my breed
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:23 AM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Crufts BOB winner!

Westminsters BOB winner!

Hard to say which is the better, as their totally different.. Should really not be judged in the same class. I would pick the puff over the hairless myself, beautiful beautiful puffer!
Outy of those 2 I would defo not have picked the hairless-infact I would not even have placed it lol Too straight in front
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I doubt it, but who knows, the PP coat should be a silky veil, and as such will not need any straightening, just like the Afghan,

So my guess would be , its simply got a fabulous correct coat.
It does look as if it has a correct coat, but hands on would tell ya better especially as you are better to lift the veil,( amazin what ya can find under that veil coat lol) also the veil coat should not be "silky"
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2011, 09:08 AM
Westminster winner GCHCH Lebulls NewHopeWoolyBully

Crufts winner Ch Muggshots Casanova

I think they are both gorgeous, but of course having a very soft spot for pieds Muggshots Casanova is certainly the boy for me
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Very interesting thread!! I know which one I would prefer if I was on a sled for a 1000 miles!

Crufts BOB - Ch Rajarani Ezekiel

Westminister BOB - GCH CH Kontoki's A Bend In The Road

Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:10 AM
Im obviously in the minority as I actually like the more finished pictures of the primped and preened american dogs It doesnt change the conformation of the dogs (which we must assume is good if they have won BOB, its impossible to tell without getting your hands on them) to have them groomed up nicely. Some of the pictures posted it just looks like the Crufts owners havent put as much work in and I know that they are often working dogs, but it is a dog show and a lot of it is down to presentation too and it wouldnt hurt to run a brush through the coat. Whilst im not so keen on the excessive coats on some of the gundogs, I personally love seeing the american and european dogs at crufts, presented immaculately and trained to perfection
MarcusF
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-03-2011, 12:32 AM
Crufts BOB winner. Also Hound Group 3.

IR Ch Ashahni Amir

Westminister winner.

Ch Thaon's Mowgli

Not a fan of US affies.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2011, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
Outy of those 2 I would defo not have picked the hairless-infact I would not even have placed it lol Too straight in front
well that makes two of us
Page 8 of 17 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »