View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Have you guys got pictures of your floors?

Ooooh yes oak flooring gets my vote! Just don't have the pocket for it
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 08:01 AM
We've just moved in and have no savings left after the deposit so we're stuck with what we've got basically! Sadly that's cream carpet in the lounge (bane of my life), laminate that's wrecked from an old water leak in the kitchen (looking to get a new kitchen fitted sooner rather than later so living with it for now) but I've shoved a cheap rug on it to take the slip and freezing cold floor factor off it, and carpet up the stairs that's a plain blue colour so shows up every fleck of hair or dust. Even have carpet in the bathroom - yuk!

The one room we HAVE recarpeted (thanks to the bank of mum and dad in law) is the bedroom which was snot green and utterly unliveable - it's now a milky coffee colour that seems to be keeping my sanity relatively intact so considering either that, or oak looking laminate on the lounge floor when we get that redone.

The hoover is not sounding very healthy anymore either!

At least it's a really good quality cream carpet (the curtains and other stuff he left are fantastic quality too) so it's a bit easier to keep looking OK - we've got a couple of spots where dribble's dropped off Layton's beard and marked it already though and we've only been in a month!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 11:02 AM
I hear ya Sprock I LONG for a stone kitchen and oak flooring throughout but will have to wait until we can afford to move.

In the meantime we're making do with an oatmeal type carpet that is OK but really tired (6 years old) and stained ;o(
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 02:09 PM
We live in a bungalow and have this stuff all through with rugs on...

It is engineered, waterproof laminate and was the same price as solid wood flooring. We don't have to worry about water spills in the kitchen or bathroom and it doesn't show the dirt. It gets hoovered once a day and really fits the bill. The dogs don't slip on it and it's warm for them to lie on. I walk around indoors in my wellies and you would never know!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
We live in a bungalow and have this stuff all through with rugs on...

It is engineered, waterproof laminate and was the same price as solid wood flooring. We don't have to worry about water spills in the kitchen or bathroom and it doesn't show the dirt. It gets hoovered once a day and really fits the bill. The dogs don't slip on it and it's warm for them to lie on. I walk around indoors in my wellies and you would never know!

Thats like mine only different colour.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3