Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:45 AM

Our wedding Photographer's article about dogs at weddings

We have chosen our wedding photographer and the 1st contact was seeing his album at our chosen venue and the pictures being of a wedding including the couples gorgeous dog. This encouraged me to contact him as we want to include Ben in our wedding and the venue allows this.

So we contacted him and explained what we were looking for and he was more than happy to advise and in fact said requests to include dogs are becoming more frequent and in fact he has a wedding this year where the couple's staffy is the best man (can't wait for those pics)

We are having a more traditional approach with Stuarts cousin his best man and my best friend my bridesmaid, and another friend who is a total animal lover has agreed to be responsible for Ben whilst we are busy which we might well be!!

Anyway he has just entered an article about dogs at weddings and I thought I would share it with you http://amforbesphotography.blogspot....-weddings.html
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:54 AM
That's great Lynne, thanks for posting, it is an interesting read. I am really pleased that you hae found a photographer that is on the same wave length as you. We would have loved to have Max at our wedding but I think he would have found it just too stressful.
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for that link too. One of my friends is getting married later this year & she wants her 2 little lurchers around for some of the day, & to be included in the photos, so that's really useful.

Congratulations & best wishes for your happy day too
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Lovely photos. And lovely dogs - they certainly add something to the photos; the shot of the couple with their dog on the pontoon is beautiful. It says something about commitment and faithfulness. And the joyful family one is lovely.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 09:19 AM
I know a few people who have wanted their dogs included but not possible on the day due to them having multiple dogs.

They have got dressed up after the wedding and had the photographer take photos.
Multiple dogs can make a mess with paws on a white dress so best after the day.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Fantastic, thank you so much for that link. Pah! Mud?! We're getting married on the west coast of scotland out in the open, I'm going to be covered anyway . Their white leather collars and leads arrived the other day!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Their white leather collars and leads arrived the other day!
How exciting - any pictures of them modelling their wedding atire?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
How exciting - any pictures of them modelling their wedding atire?
Oo no, not yet, I wouldn't let paul put them on because they're both constantly filithy with the rain we've been having haha . You might have to wait till after the big day (not long now, 12ish weeks!)
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Oo no, not yet, I wouldn't let paul put them on because they're both constantly filithy with the rain we've been having haha . You might have to wait till after the big day (not long now, 12ish weeks!)
spoil sport Ok, we'll wait then!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
That's great Lynne, thanks for posting, it is an interesting read. I am really pleased that you hae found a photographer that is on the same wave length as you. We would have loved to have Max at our wedding but I think he would have found it just too stressful.
We didn't have our dogs when we got married but whilst they would not have been stressed by being there we certainly would!

My niece had a "best woman" at her wedding-she likes to be different!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >