Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deb13
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2007, 07:53 AM

cdrom / dvd pc probs

Whenever I put a dvd / cdrom in the pooter (for example, I tried to install the pc suite for my new mobile fone last night), nothing happens. Tried playing normal dvds & they won't work either.

I checked the drivers for it, got a code 41 message saying "windows had successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but can't find the hardware device." ? (I don't even know if this is the right bit that I should be looking at!)

I'm not good at this sorta thing ! It used to work ok, had to have the pooter wiped a couple of months ago as something went wrong & it was crashing all the time, this problem seems to be since then.

No idea where to start to put this right !

I'm on windows xp, can anyone help ?
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally Posted by Deb13 View Post
Whenever I put a dvd / cdrom in the pooter (for example, I tried to install the pc suite for my new mobile fone last night), nothing happens. Tried playing normal dvds & they won't work either.

I checked the drivers for it, got a code 41 message saying "windows had successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but can't find the hardware device." ? (I don't even know if this is the right bit that I should be looking at!)

I'm not good at this sorta thing ! It used to work ok, had to have the pooter wiped a couple of months ago as something went wrong & it was crashing all the time, this problem seems to be since then.

No idea where to start to put this right !

I'm on windows xp, can anyone help ?
goto my computer on the deckstop/ right mouse/manage/devicemanager/find the cd rom /right click/uninstall/restart. that should find it again and install it the problem is in the register but that is the safest way if you still have a problem you can go to the nokia home page and install the new version of the pc suite
Deb13
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-07-2007, 10:06 AM
Still not working. I really need to get this sorted, I can't even install my broadband upgrade cos its a cdrom set-up. I hate computers sometimes.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2007, 03:08 PM
does it show the cd rom in my pc ?? if it does put the the cd in click on the right mouse button open explorer and start setup
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Go into your bios, (switch the PC power button on, then tap the DEL key on your keyboard immediately, several times) before you get the welcome screen up.
Enter basic setup, press the down arrow key to highlight the drives you want the bios to read, then hit enter. Then hit escape.
Tap the right arrow key to select "save changes and exit", should be OK then.

PS: don't touch anything else in the bios.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2007, 09:32 PM
if it worked ok before it is not a bios problem go to ms problem
page and see if you can find the answer
http://support.microsoft.com/kb//EN-...SOFT%20SUPPORT
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-07-2007, 09:40 PM
MS support, I had enough of them last week to last a lifetime.

They still have'nt a clue as to what went amiss with my PC.

The reply to my enquiry said "sorry for your inconvenience, please do'nt hesitate to contact us again."

Do'nt hold your breath MS, I sorted it myself.

PS: A lot of it was caused by MS updates, so I've turned them off.
Deb13
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-08-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm getting nowhere with this, anymore ideas guys ?
dejavu
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Hi deb13, your code 41 error is described and rectified in this microsoft article by deleting certain registry entries.
You can download guided help if you are unsure about modifing your windows registry.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Deb13;
I'm getting nowhere with this, anymore ideas guys ?
make a system restore point download this and run it through the faults it finds put in quarantine you can allways set them back it is very good now they have a free version it works just the same as the full version

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/

i have used it many times so it should be no problem but works use it at your own risk
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >