View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 12:50 PM
Just wanted to let you know how well the soup and eggs diet is going for my o/h as it's been 10 weeks or so since he started it, and so far has lost TWO stones in weight! He's gone down from 17 to 15 stone by the week-end, his trousers are falling down and he says he feels great, he looks good being 6ft 2" but wants to lose another stone.

He eats:

Very large bowl of Special K with skimmed milk for breakfast.

Lunch, 6 Ryvitas with low fat soft cheese in them. Stick celery, banana and a bag of Wotsits

Dinner: Big soup (loves the Baxters 3 bean and smokey bacon, or the Heinz steak and veg ones) Two slices of brown bread, 2 yoghurts ONE NIGHT and then the next he has 3 eggs scrambled on 2 slices of wholemeal.

Snacking in the evening would be an apple or another banana. He also takes Well Man tablets that I bought him just to cover my a*ss!

Week-ends he eats absolutely normally, a huge meal Saturday, usually steak/salad/chips etc. and a big roast dinner on Sunday, then it's back to Bootcamp on Monday with soup or scrambled eggs.

It's been slow lately, just 2lbs a week he says, whereas the first week was 1/2 a stone! but at least it's still coming off, not staying the same or going on.

Hope you're all doing this well He says he's never hungry, but he's got some amazing will power, more than I would ever have, but I'm lucky, I walk for hours uphill day in day out or cycle, so can eat what I like, whereas he can't exercise coz he doesn't have the time.

Lynne, is that any good the Wii Just Dance as it's going on my Xmas list? We've bought the Wii, but it needs tweaking with the telly, can't get it to work yet needs some special wire for his new 3D telly apparently Maybe he doesn't want it to work though!!!!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Oh wow, and that sounds like a good day full of food too!

I haven't done too well for a while now

But I have ordered something that will hopefully help me get back on track! (It's not pills or anything, this is something safe that is more to help me keep on track than to make me lose weight...) does that make sense?

It makes sense in my head

I don't want to be judged so won't post it publicly for everyone, but if someone really wants to know you can PM me and I will tell you
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2012, 04:43 PM
*resurrects thread*

I have well and truly got stuck into this healthy eating thing now and have lost 18lbs in about 5 weeks!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 11:23 AM
Well done kammi, I've not done so well, it basically went back on but I have managed to get down a dress size again, so all is not lost!

Now that the morning/evenings are lighter again I'm finding it a bit easier to keep active.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Me too and I have found an eating plan/doing stuff that works for me

Wednesday is my "weigh day" and so I did this morning and have lost another 1lb!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:43 PM
Excellent kammi, that's great! I'm just going by my clothes now and it's a good motivator for me!
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Also theres a gym opened in town so hopefully I won't make the same mistake when the dark nights roll in again cos I think that had a lot to do with it this time...
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
*resurrects thread*

I have well and truly got stuck into this healthy eating thing now and have lost 18lbs in about 5 weeks!
thats fantastic, well done.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks Dolce!

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Excellent kammi, that's great! I'm just going by my clothes now and it's a good motivator for me!
That is what I am doing, but I went a bit further in that anything that is too big/loose when I started (apart from the odd thing..) has all gone in a bag ready to go on ebay/charity! And I have been on ebay and bought tops/jeans/dresses in sizes I want to be, and even though they are on ebay most are new with tags on, and all in a drawer now together! I didn't pay more than £4-6 for each item including delivery, but has been a great motivator looking at all these new, pretty things I should be able to wear soon
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2012, 09:42 PM
I dont think implying people are destined to be fat and shouldnt bother making any effort to take control of their health through weightloss is realistic or helpful at all actually
BTW, where did you get the stats you quoted earlier in the thread?

a bit of support is what can help people keep it off, not telling them all the way along the journey that even if they lose it they will pile it all back on!
Well said. Hear hear!
Page 28 of 29 « First < 18 25 26 27 28 29 >