View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 10:49 PM
This is one thing of dog ownership that really makes my blood boil. If that had been my two that had done that to Dawn today, can you imagine how much trouble I would be in

It is not okay for any dog , of any size, to approach someone in that manner, Totally out of order, if you have a people aggressive dog, you must keep it under control no excuse!!

I have lost count how many times a little dog has scrabbled up my jeans when out walking, I had one nip the edge of my parka once, I told it off and it looked shocked, I don't think anybody had done it before

I am sure all the small dog owners on Dogsey are lovely and their dogs, this isn't a dig at you. It's to the numpties who own small dogs and think it is okay for them to be obnoxious little brats.
Trixy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 10:51 PM
How awful x

Glad your alright now xx big (((hugs)))
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Sorry but if an owner isn't going to deal with their dog I will.Dawn you should report them,after all it only takes a wee dog to get into a babies pram and it's a disaster,xxxxxxxx
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2008, 11:37 PM
Well i hope the owners think twice about letting their dogs do that to someone again. Am sure you gave them something to think about!! ;o) i can imagine what they would have had to say had your dogs got hold of their 'precious little darlings' in the way their dogs were trying to get hold of you! God i really hate the way *some* (obviously not dogsey members lol) think its so ok for small dogs to be really aggressive yet as soon as a larger dog shows aggression - 'that animal should be put down' etc. Im just so glad my dogs dont have an ounce of aggression in their entire bodies.

Anyway glad you werent hurt at all. Naughty puppy leaving you to fend for yourself! I imagine you were more hurt by Breeze choosing squirrel chasing over your safety lol x
wilmasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2008, 12:24 AM
Have to agree with everything that has been said here,had they been bigger you might be in a hospital bed now,glad you,re ok.
Don,t be to hard on breeze,Wilma would be hiding behind me
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-03-2008, 12:37 AM
I think I probably would have flicked them into the water - they may think twice next time when it could be a little child.

Large & bull breeds get such a hard time so It does annoy me when people 'overlook' little dogs which are being aggressive.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 07:46 AM
We were at the beach a while ago and an elderly couple passed with two pomeraininas and they went mad at Toby, snarling and yapping, luckily he was off the lead, didn't like them at all and ran quickly straight past them (now if he had been on the lead, he may of had a go back as he is not keen on dogs approaching him whilst on the lead sometimes!). Anyway I'm sure if he had snalreld back they probs would of been appalled even though he's not that much bigger them, the probably said he was a "typical terrier type"

they probably did this to every dog along the beach, heaven help if another dog turned on them, they should of been on the lead when they were as bad as that!!!
Fliggle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 08:30 AM
This is so annoying to read!!! I agree, the "they're small it's ok" is so wrong!!!! They have teeth, they are biting therefore it is wrong. I think I'd have been tempted to scruff the fluffy fiend and look it square in the eyes and ask it what it's problem was.

As for your dog carrying on with the squirrel hunting, she knew you could take care of yourself. I'd have loved to see the owners faces when you let rip though.
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 09:22 AM
I agree with everyone, little dogs need just as much manners as any other big dog and as much training too. people have the mind set that its small so it doesn't have to do as its told

well done in letting rip x
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2008, 09:29 AM
the onlt time i have been bitten was by a yorkie!!!! he was having a right go at my jeans, (lucky they where loose) the old girl said hes only playing, i gave her a bit of verbal.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >