Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 07:57 PM

Moorcroft Debt collection COMPLAINT -Can you help

I am SOOOOOO ANGRY

Firstly if anyone reading this works for thiscompany I apologise but I am a FURIOUS.

When me and my partner split up I got behind with joint bills (yeah I know sob story - but its true) I ended up owe BT money I couldnt afford so they gave debt to Moorcroft after a few months and er... a few threatening letters from Moorcroft I eventually agreed on a full and final settlement which I paid "sometime"last year by debit card over the phone.

Have tried to go back to BT (who have taken my depsoit ) and line was supposed to be switched on tioday and NO line working. After 98 yes 98 minutes I finally speak to someone at BT who tells me (for the 1st time) I am still due them £

I ask to get Moorcrofts number and the poor BT guy transferred me to Moorcroft, I spoke to a really obnoxious woman(sorry if it was you) whio told me she couldnt really help unless I had my original moorcroft reference number as my account was now archived (yeah like I keep reference numbers for that length of time!!)

My only option was to get a statement from the bank. I asked for an address to complain to and she said noone would help me with out reference number so I actually swore at her (sorry if it was you)

I explained I could get statement from back but would they reimburse cost of getting statement she said no. I sworee some more about her companies incompetency and she said if I got proof of charge and Moorcroft were wrong they would "look at " my claim for reimbursement

I am FURIOUS

Phoned bank who looked for some transactions and found a couple of amounts that were possibley the payment but she couldnt access the details as they were from last year, so II have jkust ordered 18 months of statements (if you were the HBOS person thank you you were very helpful)

I cannoit believe Moorcrofts answer was to pay the debt again

Sorry for the long post but I am SO ANGRY (I actually came off the phone and cried I am so frustarted and frankly helpless)

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do or where I can go to for help except the CAB (who I WILL be phoning tomorrow)

Any help appreciated - got tears of frustration and am shaking with anger as I type this
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I had problems with this company, thankfully after a few calls it got sorted, it was only for £29,

Ian
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Thanks Ian, that gives me some hope.....I am still furious yet......

I mean I dont like being asked for money full stop, but can appreciate I used it and I have to pay for it... BUT I have paid!!!

Will get copy of statement (at my expense) and send it to them (Recorded delivery )

Thanks again

L
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh Benzmum, I am sorry to hear about your problem, I can't give any advice but CAB should be able to put you on the right track to sort it. These debt companies just don't realize the pain and suffering they cause people. Hope you can get it sorted.
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Thank you Heather

Just what I need ...more stress and speaking to Strangers whilst remaining calm enough to breathe!!

Thanks again

L
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2007, 05:31 AM
I got caught in the late 80's with debt. Baz's work totally dried up, and the companies he worked for ended up paying him £139 take home for a week's work. Poor b*gger couldn't to a damn this about it. We had an Access card (remember them?) that we defaulted on, and I had trouble with the debt collecting company who claimed I had missed a payment, when I hadn't.

The problem is, they make you feel like scum, the lowest of the low, barely part of the human race. That, combined with the fact that you are right and they are wrong is extremely frustrating, and your anger and tears does not surprise me.
Hugs honey xoxox Hope you get it sorted out.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2007, 06:14 AM
Sorry to hear about this they are all the same I think most of us at some point in our lives have had these problems and experienced the problem you are going through now.
I think speaking to CAB will help and getting your bank statements when you have proved you paid get them to reimburse you and take the moral highground and complain and tell them you don't like being made to feel like a 2nd class citizen and you hope it never happens to them and they are made to feel this way.
(((Hugs))).xx
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2007, 09:49 AM
I hate this company with a passion! They do that a lot, and when you eventually cough up and pay again, and attempt to get your money back after you've proven you were infact right and they wrong, they don't answer your calls anymore
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2007, 09:54 AM
I spoke to CAB who advised me to put everything in a letter and send it recorded delivery whilst keeping a copy. I am still furious as I KNOW I paid it I am just awaiting 18 months statements to trawl through my only niggle is maybe it was my credit card and not my debit card I used to pay it

Which will mean ordering more statements. I am simply NOT paying it again NO WAY, ABSOLUTELY NOT, they can take me to court if they want I really don't care as I know it was paid. I am so angry still even thinking about it. Its bad enough being hassled for money you havnt paid but b*gger being chased for money you have paid!!!

Papillion ave you ever actually been succesful in proving you are right?
Papillon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Yes, but all in all took about 8 months
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >