Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 11:37 AM

Sock eaten!(But all ok)

This morning at about half three or four o'clock, Nudge decided she needed to be sick :smt078 She was in our room (isn't always with us at night) got a bit restless, then I realised she was going to be sick. I jumped up to open the door for her to go out, but she deposited her offering on the threshold as she went
WELL, I picked it up with paper and dropped it in the bin whilst cursing that I thought it looked like a piece of the rope chew I had seen her with earlier in the evening.
This morning on closer inspection I discovered it to be one of my daughters socks that I have been looking for the last few days !!!!!!!
Needless to say daughter is going to get such a bo****king for leaving things laying around her floor/not keeping the door closed!!
I am mightily relieved at not having a very sick little puppy girl, and a huge vet bill.
What I'm most pleased about is the fact that it did come up and not get stuck in her gut.
She hasn't been a chewing pup, ate mud and stones for the first few weeks when she arrived here, but generally a good we girl, if somewhat of a gannett!

Sorry for such a long post, but thought I would share my broken nights sleep and general relief with you all
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-12-2006, 11:45 AM
Sorry about your broken nights sleep.

I lost count of the amount of socks storm ate, he normally brought them back up, normally the 1st time we knew anything about it. But there was one time in the lake district he did a giant poo which had one of my sisters socks in it, and another time i saw him straining to do a poo and sticking out was a pair of tights, yes tights.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
Glad she is ok Finn was a sock eater as a puppy. Infact once it was a pair of socks that vanished and appeared a day later one after the other :smt078 Thankfully he has grown out of eating socks.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 12:00 PM
Glad she is ok.
Our first pup ate a pair of socks and pooed them out individually...he did that twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When he went to his new owner, he ate one of his socks and vomited it back up!!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2006, 12:02 PM
my bull mastiff used to poo some really queer stuff, one day we noticed he was doing a spin in the garden "you know that panicing bum spin. well two days before a huge roast of lamb had gone missing from the cooker and we had no idea who ate the massive roast, untill we noticed string hanging from keisers botty I sent oh out to remove the offending object and low and behold after a fair amount of string was removed we realised it was the string that had been wrapped round the roast,
after that day if oh went near his back end he would do the quickest tuck bum in sit, poor dog,