Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
waggytail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Walking puppy with older dog

So far we have walked the dogs seperately, Older dog has his "normal" walk whilst pup has some "lead training" even if we go out together we have gone seperate ways to achieve this and then meet up after.

We would really like to walk the dogs together but they get a little excited about each other, the pup pulls on the lead and the older dog also gets a bit "bouncy"

We plan to spend more time training the pup to walk better and maybe to do some training sessions with the pair of them to get them used to walking together nicely,

Does anyone have any advice other than what we are already doing? its frustrating not being able to enjoy normal walks with them but surely it would be detrimental to persist with a walk where they are not walking nicely?
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
make sure the dogs are in the right mood,before you leave the house,for me, i would run the pup, get the little one tierd.then i would put them together and walk.time and effort.keep doing this and one day it will hit you!hey this is a great walk!its funny to see my pack on a walk ,with a pup,4 cool,calm and collected monsters and bouncey pup, all over the place!keep walking them together..dont worry your hair will grow back..respectfully phil