Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
Can I ask then why is it so bad to take the commercial side away? BD has said it is all about the money - so confusion rules as they say

Oh and are you up for joining me and Tazer for a group tree hug - enhanced?
Stop twisting things Spot. I said that in ANY business the money plays a part, of course it does, thats why its a business! Some people have major problems in anyone making money where animals are concerned.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
No way will I ever criticize any one who genuly helps not only Greyhounds but all dogs.

Hanna in no way helped these greyhounds she did not do her job took the money and took a video after breaking into the kennels in the middle of the night and she had left/sacked the job

Sue Haigh told us everything was alright now that Hanna had gone, she and her husband had it all in hand.

Six months later she does the same thing as Hanna and produces a Video after she had left/sacked

You are wrong when you state that I am critise any one who helped the 75 year old Eve Blanchard after she and her dogs had been conned by the Anties.

It was only the industry who helped her in the end and no matter the spin you try to put on it I support there efforts.

Yes she stated that her retired racers that had to go that she would rather see PTS than fall into the hands of the Anties after her dealings with Hanna and Sue but she was persuaded to rehome 12 of her retired dogs with the help of Noarh and the industry.

You state that Hanna walked off the job but in another post you stated that you did not know what Hanna I was talking about.
I tink Hannah did all she could to help these greyhounds by exposing the appalling conditions. She did not break into the kennels in the middle of the night, she took the video on her second day of employment - which was cash in hand.

Sue and Neil made fantastic improvements at the kennels until Blanchard turned on them because Neil asked another trainer to talk to Blanchard about re-homing some of her dogs which were effectively kennelled up in solitary confinement for years on end - just rotting away.

Blanchard was not conned by anyone - she was exposed as an animl abuser and deserved to be prosecuted in a crimanl court for the cruelty she inflicted on those greyhounds.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Link.......?
We do follow in America's footsteps but I never said I was confident abolition would be achieved- although I do feel it is a probability.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...fare/index.htm
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:19 PM
No, chasing a ball in one of our fields.
Therefore she did not sustain a racing injury.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:21 PM
The track where I run my dogs is a safe track, as already stated in the PM, I was a stones throw from Swansea track yet travelled miles down the M4 to run them at the Valley because it's a safer track and I know the surface will always be near perfect. After this cold spell the dogs will be re-trialling as they haven't raced for so long, if I didn't care, why would I bother? The track hasn't run since the 17th Dec because the surface isn't right, yet some of you state that flapping is worse than GBGB racing?

Like I say, whenever we run pointers, great if they get placed or win but realistically it's a huge bonus if they come home safe!
You've stated why you race your dogs at the Valley but you still havent said why you jeopardise the welfare of your dogs to running round an oval track in competition with 5 other dogs?
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Im sorry, are you saying what is stated on the DEFRA website is untrue?
What exactly are you referring to as regards DEFRA's website?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Therefore she did not sustain a racing injury.
I think that your missing the point, which correct me if I'm wrong Navajo, is that any dog, and breed any where can sustain injuries, its not just hounds on a track.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2010, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I think that your missing the point, which correct me if I'm wrong Navajo, is that any dog, and breed any where can sustain injuries, its not just hounds on a track.
Jackbox was defending the use of racing greyhounds for research and dissection by claiming the research would benefit companion animals.

As the research is specific to racing injuries and companion animals do not suffer 'racing' injuries then clearly the research would not benefit companion animals.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-01-2010, 03:22 PM
This may come as a surprise but companion animals do not suffer 'Racing Injuries'.

All research by all vets will benifit all animals, be them racing greyhounds or companion dogs.

Correct me if I am wrong, but a greyhounds anatomy is constructed the same as any other dog, they have muscles and bones , and ALL can be injured doing the simplest of things. so what injuries can racing greys get a pet dog cant
??

An ethical vet will use complimentary therapy wherever possible and will only destroy a healthy animal as a last resort, when all other options - such as re-homing - have been exhausted.
I agree with you on an ethical vet will never put a dog down for no reason, but cant see why he should only be classed ethical if they use complementary therapy. if I have a sick animal I want the most effective treatment for my dog, I dont care how many greyhounds or other animals he has used in his training to gain the skills he has, and my guess is neither would you if the chips where down.

So here's a thought for you, your dog needs specialized treatment, the vet that is recommended for the job, he is the best in his field, but you find out one day he was at some point in his earlier career, was what you hate, he has been involved in research on the greyhounds injuries, and this is how he has gained such expertise , does your dog who needs his skills, pay the price for your convictions, or do you allow said vet to treat your dog????

Jackbox was defending the use of racing greyhounds for research and dissection by claiming the research would benefit companion animals.

As the research is specific to racing injuries and companion animals do not suffer 'racing' injuries then clearly the research would not benefit companion animals.
Racing injuries will be akin to the sprinter (human) , doing damage to his muscle/tendons, the surgeon doing the "fixing" will have done his research on the human body, he does not need to be specific to "sprinters"

Hence , my point, a greyhound used in research, will benifit ALL dogs, even maybe one of your own one day.

A vet needs to "practice and have an understanding of the dogs anatomy , bone structure , muscles and tendons , not to mention organs.. they cant do so , unless they have "guinea pigs" to practice on.

So it is irrelevant , for what ever the reasons behind the dissection, the vet learns, and you are the recipient of his experience!! or your dogs are.[/COLOR]

Your principles seem to be, you protest about the way the expertise is got, but are willing to accept it when needed!

My farrier, used to practice and conduct his reseach on th eleg/hoof of a horse, most were racehorses, I was very grateful he learnt his expertise to treat my horses feet when needed.. where and on what he learnt it, did not matter to me.

As long as said animals are euthanised humainly, thats all that counts.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2010, 04:13 PM
What exactly are you referring to as regards DEFRA's website?
http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...nsultation.pdf

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...d-guidance.pdf

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...nstruments.pdf

http://www.defra.gov.uk/corporate/co...consultees.htm

This consultation is made in line with the requirements of section 13 of the 2006 Act, namely that the Secretary of State will consult such persons appearing to him to represent any interests concerned as he considers appropriate. Once the consultation process has been completed, the regulations will be finalised and laid before both Houses of Parliament for approval. Should Parliament approve the regulations, they will enter into force on a common commencement day – likely to be either 6 April or 1 October 2010 but Defra will issue a press release and information will be made available in advance on the Defra website (www.defra.gov.uk) about this date.
Which proves that your claims that nobody is doing anything and they run unregulated IS being challenged when you say it isnt!
Page 113 of 157 « First < 13 63 103 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 123 > Last »