Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2005, 10:01 PM

Consumer Rights!

Having found out in the 1980's that complaining about faulty goods or food brought results - like free samples and tokens - it became a matter of principle to me that anything unsatisfactory would be complained about.
One day I had some friends round for coffee. Now I don't drink the stuff but I always have a jar in, so I can offer it and on this occasion, I was talking and spooning coffee into mugs when I noticed a small piece of glass in the coffee. Whoopee, another chance for a freebie! Carefully wrapping it up, I sent it off to the well-known manufacturer with a dignified but strongly worded letter.
After a fortnight I had a long letter back. They were VERY sorry etc etc... they couldn't understand how it had happened..... I smiled and a voucher fell out of the folds of the letter at this point. I read on... they had actually stopped the entire production line trying to trace how this piece of glass had got into the jar (must have cost them £1,000's ) but were still puzzled.

Some weeks went by, I had friends round for coffee again, I was relating the tale as I unscrewed the jar of coffee which I hadn't used since the incident. My audience were round-eyed and fascinated by the tale which had just reached the punchline when I noticed something and my voice petered out. Convulsed with hysterics, it took my friends a while to get it out of me that what I had seen was a chip in the rim of the jar - exactly the same shape and size as the piece I had fished out

And no, I didn't send the vouchers back!

Gill
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

15-08-2005, 10:09 PM
thats so funny - I've nver had the confidence to complain about anything - but my nana used to do it all the time because she got loads of free stuff when she did it