Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by skilaki View Post
Poor pups, what a cold heartless thing to do. Mind you they are hopefully better off with loving, more suitable forever homes now. Hopefully . . .
Hopefully, but Lord knows where they ended up.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 12:46 PM
It`s not just wazzocks, you know - a woman at a Trials club I used to go to was notorious for dumping dogs that didn`t win well enough for her. I doubt she`s the only one.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
It`s not just wazzocks, you know - a woman at a Trials club I used to go to was notorious for dumping dogs that didn`t win well enough for her. I doubt she`s the only one.
Wow. I hope she doesn't have any kids; what a great message that would send them. 'If you don't win I'll get rid of you'.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 01:12 PM
she sounds like a selfish bitch that just loves the puppy bit, then gets bored when they get bigger, more so as she prob hasnt done any training with them and they become a handful
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:22 PM
sounds like my step daughter but unfortunately its not only dogs but any pet they have.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:33 PM
omg thats terrible. i hate it when people do that, especially with a gun dog. 15 min a day aint going to satisfy it and no doubt it will become destructive from lack of excercise. Wouldnt she be a lot better with a lap dog? Something that doesnt need walked that much
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
omg thats terrible. i hate it when people do that, especially with a gun dog. 15 min a day aint going to satisfy it and no doubt it will become destructive from lack of excercise. Wouldnt she be a lot better with a lap dog? Something that doesnt need walked that much
Yep, stupid lady is deluded.
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
I know a family just like that, in fact they were such good liars managed to convince me to sell them 2 pups over a year, before rehoming them both, they also didn't tell me that had had quite a few different breeds before and rehomed them, they have since had another breed, bred from them and rehomed them, makes my blood boil!!
you can't always blame the breeder, as crazycocker states these people are great liars and come over as lovely people,iv'e only bred two litters in over 30 years and have been lucky with owners, and i always watch my my adult dogs reaction to people, and if the dogs do'nt like them or are a bit stand offish i dont trust them and the dogs are more often than not right in their judgement,the one good thing in her getting a weimaraner is if it gets bored it could put her off dogs for life and lets hope it get a good home as soon as possilbe
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 08:47 PM
Grrrr...don;t even go there..

Some one who recently completed my puppy course with a cracking little JRT has just sent him to the rehoming centre - becasue he is chasing the cat and nipping sometimes (when excited) .... not once did she call and ask my advice - everytime I asked in training class....yep everythings fine - no problems this week. When people leave they have ALL my contact details should they feel they have a problem especially as the dog becomes a teenager....did she call....did she hell....she did ring to say that she had taken on a young BC type who had been horribly abused (as if she was a saint for doing so)

.....she had also asked me (whole in the puppy class) what I thought of her taking on another pup (boxer x Lab) but apparenlty her hubby said no more than 2....

how odd that she now has the 'abused' dog she wanted but the young JRT has gone.....

am I just cynical?....I know I am fuming!
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2009, 09:12 PM
That's awful. My cousin's like that with her pets. She gets 'into' one thing, gets a whole collection then gets bored, and gets rid. Luckily her mum looks after her dog which she's now bored of, but the rest of the animals: birds, lizards, snakes, rats, hamsters etc. just get moved on. It stinks, as although it seems more 'acceptable' with some kind of pets as they don't seem to form bonds as much or as strongly, or deal better with swapping homes (eg. horses, birds), the attitude of just buying up and getting rid because you're bored or can't be bothered is awful.

I'm guessing she's not the kind of person you converse with? Must be so frustrating watching it happen.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >