Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 10:11 PM

Why did I worry...

I was quite worried about how Takara's first bonfire night would go.

Well, there was no need, she has been stood in the kitchen, front paws on the worktop watching the displays at the houses at the back of our house. lol

She loves them
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Lucky you. My poor dog is so frightened she's squeezed herself into a tiny cupboard by my feet, under my computer. She hasn't left my side all night and she's refused to go outside for her walk, even just into the back garden so her poor bladder will be bursting by the morning.

My last dog used to like fireworks though. He used to do just what yours is doing, watching them through the window. He was stone deaf at the end though so that might have had something to do with it.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2005, 11:54 PM
That's great Lottie
it must be such a relief to find out that Takara is not afraid of fireworks!

I was actually very pleased with how tonight went as well. Brandie was a lot calmer than I was expecting as last year was awful. But as long as I stayed still so did she
She won't go out though so it's not just your dog Minda.

Anyway, well done Takara!!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-11-2005, 04:21 AM
well done takara

our house werent to bad considering we had a party to see out this bonfire night, the cat didnt move off her usual post of the wardrobe top, Polly was sitting on the couch watching the fireworks, and Florrie sat under the table catching the bits of food that fell, so overall not a bad bonfire night here either
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm sorry your little got so frightened - it can be so rough for them can't it

Originally Posted by minda
Lucky you. My poor dog is so frightened she's squeezed herself into a tiny cupboard by my feet, under my computer. She hasn't left my side all night and she's refused to go outside for her walk, even just into the back garden so her poor bladder will be bursting by the morning.
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 08:39 AM
Lottie, that's really great Good on Takara, she'll make a brilliant PAT dog I reckon.

Fern couldn't give two tosses about the fireworks after we dragged him out to play on Trafalgar day last month so last night he just ignored them - like he was saying 'whatever people, that's soooo last month'

Originally Posted by Lottie
She loves them
Gaz webber
Dogsey Senior
Male 

06-11-2005, 08:47 AM
Willow, bless her, was on the balcony until gone midnight, watching and listening. Every time there was a really loud *Bang* she ran in to make sure I wasn't frightened, and then ran out again to watch some more.
When it was all finished, and she was wet through and cold from the rain she came in and got into bed with me, to keep me, um, cold and wet
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 08:57 AM
I feel sorry for the ones who are scared of them, we are lucky as Ozzy doesn't bat an eyelid at them.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 10:12 AM
Jake was petrified and by 1 am this morning we had had enough. My boyfriend knocked on the offending doors and I don't know what he said but it suddenly went dead quiet. I am ready to throttle the idiots who caused my dog such grief
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2005, 10:18 AM
Lennon's not phased by them at all. Took him out for a quick pee at 9pm last night and it was like a war zone - just so noisy - and he totally ignored it. Roxy, on the other hand, was petrified. She managed a quick wee literally at the end of the front door path, and then came back in - poor baby. I only hope she doesn't pass her fear on....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >