Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 09:18 PM

Homeopathy (sp?) Anyone used it?

Just out of interest, anyone used this on themselfs or there animals, and did it help?
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Yep, social services paid for me to have a private registered homeopath visit me at home when Charlie was a baby..... their idea not mine so I was sceptical at first.

She 'made' her own tablets by putting little tiny sugar pills into a machine, dialing up the number from a little book, 'zapping' them and then giving me the tablets.

She recommeneded graphites for my Mum's excema and I do remember her giving me arnica for bruises. Charlie had a 4ft chest of drawers fall on him when he was 18months and I gave him the arnica straight away and he never had a bruise.... arnica cream is more widely used nowadays for bruises etc.

I had a lots of little tablets in packets for confidence, panic attacks, to help me bond with Charlie, allsorts.

I do believe they helped but I have no idea how!

This is one of the machines.... talk about bringing back memories!
http://www.copenlabs.com/evpinstuk.htm
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-10-2008, 10:05 PM
thats interesting, never knew they made tablets in a machine like that.

Thought they made lotions and potions so to speak.

Jess my newfie had an op 10 months ago and has never healed properly. The vets have kind of given up, they don't know what else to do.

So i contacted a heomopathy vet today and had a little chat with her. Somebody else is ringing tomorrow. As i have some insurance money to play with for alternative therapies, thought we had nothing to loose really.

they talked about treating the whole dog, health wise to help with healing and also maybe a course of accupuncture. See what the other lady says tomorrow.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 07:17 AM
My friend uses Dorwest herbs with her dogs and swears by them. I haven't used them though.
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2008, 09:47 AM
I have a friend who has just completed a 5 year course in classical homeopathy.

I suffered from sinusitis and hayfever for years. Had headaches and also toothache from the pressure in my sinuses. I also had terrible bouts of coughing in the morning leading to almost whoopin cough type cough and vomiting.

I was on tablets for hayfever in season and daily spray for my sinus.

Since I started being treated homeopathically I have had no toothache and just the odd normal headache I used to take pain killers every day I haven't had them on a regular basis for about a year. I haven't used my spray or taken tablets for my hayfever for much longer.

Just my experience I'm not on homeopathic treatment full time just when I feel the need

HTH
waifsnstrays
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-10-2008, 09:55 PM
we used accupuncture on our bulldog (rip) for hip dysplacia about 1998/99 i think and it worked wonders
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-10-2008, 08:52 AM
Many years ago I had a GSD that suffered with really bad wet exzema (sp). He would get steroids and antibiotics from the vet to clear it up and then a week later it would flare up again.
In the end someone told me to try these herbal /homeopathic tablets (sorry i never know the difference) for a week on them he got worse then like magic it dissapeared. I stopped the tablets and a month later he had a small patch appear so I started them again got rid of that, stopped the tablets and it never reappeared again.
This all happened when he was about a year old and he went on to live to 12 years old with never another sign of it.
I can't for the life of me remember what they were called though.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

04-10-2008, 09:12 AM
When my little Dachie Brodie(now gone to the bridge) had slipped a disc I used Ruta Grav and Rhus Tox with great results. They are available frm most large Chemists . This was about 8 years ago and at that time I got s super little book on Homeopathic remedies for dogs, from a company in Glasgow, but unfortunately I just can't find it at the moment.
drmark
New Member!
Male 

06-10-2008, 06:03 PM
just as any medication, you need to prescribe the right remedy. and know what you are doing. homeopathic medications can work wonders!
dr mark
urbangypsy
New Member!
Female 

11-10-2008, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Just out of interest, anyone used this on themselfs or there animals, and did it help?
Hi Ive used homeopathic on all my dogs for years and I am a true believer. I purchase mine from a company in London (Ainsworths) who will give you all the advice you need. You can also buy a little pocket size book which tells you about each medication and what it does. Ive used Arnica on my dogs when they have pulled a muscle out running etc and Ive also used Arnica cream on myself when I sprained my ankle both with successful result.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »