Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jet&Copper
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Oh yup, not every dog goes hyper and obviously some dogs have to do well on it else noone would be buying it, but it was just something I noticed every single time they were having a bouncing off the walls type problem with their dog they were a bakers fed dog
It was a bit like friends I had when I was a kid who were allergic to certain E numbers - they went kinda hyper like that - wonder if its a same kind of thing? Some dogs can be sensitive to some of the additives - cos the difference is quite big when they are changed
Well rather bizarrely there isn't actually any decent evidence that E numbers cause hyperactivity in children either, which I would have thought there was!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
Well rather bizarrely there isn't actually any decent evidence that E numbers cause hyperactivity in children either, which I would have thought there was!
Yeah thats odd - it deff was in my friends case, they were identical twins and you really could see the difference if one accidently had something bad (they didnt do it on purpose, they were really good - but other parents messed up at parties sometimes)
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Pedigree made my dog hyper and gave her an aggressive streak too!

Bakers on the other hand she did very well on but I dislike commercial brands. Its the only brand that never gave her any problems.

Eukanuba gave her large stinking GREEN poo!

Due to the different effects commercial brands have on dogs I don't like them.

I also believe that no commercial brand is as good as feeding raw.
Totally agree ... however, if for some reason I was forced to feed a commercial dog food (whether dry or wet) I would NEVER feed a cheap one. If I had to feed, eg, kibble, I would go for the Applaws as expensive as it is. If that was way, way out of the question, then I would go for Burns or Arden Grange.

But IMO you cannot beat the au naturel
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Jet&Copper View Post
My daughter has ADHD - she is now 25 - but when a child we found that E numbers were irrelevant to her hyperactivity, interestingly. By far the worst for her was a diet high in carbohydrate, so we banned refined carbs from her diet - no wheat, lactose was a no-no, but she was raised on a very good diet of meat, fish, eggs, and raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, very little dairy apart from live sheeps yoghourt and plenty of fresh air and exercise.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yeah thats odd - it deff was in my friends case, they were identical twins and you really could see the difference if one accidently had something bad (they didnt do it on purpose, they were really good - but other parents messed up at parties sometimes)
Are you sure it was definitely E numbers and not just refined carbs?
tiggers mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I would hope it is better than bakers! Bakers is an awful food!
I was thinking the same when I read this!!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Are you sure it was definitely E numbers and not just refined carbs?
Totaly, they could only drink sprite (think it was sprite) as a soft drink but one mum messed up and gave one of them at a party lemonade
i am sure it is different for everyone but they very deff had a sensitivity to certain E numbers
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2012, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Totally agree ... however, if for some reason I was forced to feed a commercial dog food (whether dry or wet) I would NEVER feed a cheap one. If I had to feed, eg, kibble, I would go for the Applaws as expensive as it is. If that was way, way out of the question, then I would go for Burns or Arden Grange.

But IMO you cannot beat the au naturel
And if you could not afford those foods?
PB&J
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
And if you could not afford those foods?
Then you are not worthy of keeping dogs
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Originally Posted by PB&J View Post
Then you are not worthy of keeping dogs
Agrree with this it would be like feeding your children cheap end of the scale tv dinners for the rest of their lives! You wouldn't do that now would you?
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >