Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 07:02 AM
How is Mia this morning honey?
miamoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Hi thanks everyone for your kind messages, i have got to take her into the vets this morning, She was sick in the night,water at first and then bringing up nothing.
She is hungry,so im hoping thats a good sign.Iwill keep you updated when ive seen the vet.thanks again
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 08:06 AM
Good Luck with Mia at the vet's this morning x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Hope all goes well, Deb xox
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 09:19 AM
Hope all goes well at the vet, hugs for you and Mia xx
melsgems
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 09:44 AM
My mums 2 adult dogs have had a similar thing they were being sick lasted about 24-48 hours. They are however older dogs. Samson still has the runs but is ok in himself Finty is back to normal. May be there is a bug going around. Hope she feels better soon xx
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Hope all goes well at the vet
margaret.perciv
New Member!
Female 

10-11-2007, 10:05 AM
have had the same with both my dogs this week sick first then followed by diahrea excuse the spelling. the one that started first is now ok second one still got runny poohs.i was adviced to give chicken and rice little and often has it is supposed to be easy digestabul.my dogs are both 5years old though but i did wonder if something is going round
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-11-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi Miamoo , puppies are often sick or have diarrhoea, they have immature immune systems and it takes a while for them to build up a natural resistance to bugs. They also eat a variety of rubbish which can irritate the stomach and this is often expelled when a puppy vomits. One thing to always keep in mind with prolonged vomiting is a blockage by a foreign object, this can be indicated by the puppy vomiting food and watery a substance and failing to pass faces.

Millie has had two major tummy upsets, we think one was the result of eating a berry which irritated the stomach and resulted in profuse bloody diarrhoea and vomiting. The vet gave her an ani inflammatory and I sat up all night with her giving tiny amounts of probotic in a syringe then introduce food very slowly, rice and fish or chicken just a teaspoon at a time and tiny amounts of honey and water. I also kept her warm with a hot water bottle in a towel

The second episode we think was a virus that caused a high temperature /lethargy/ vomiting and this was treated with antibiotics and a slowly introduced light diet as above then back to normal food in stages.

I hope Mia will be better soon .
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2007, 10:33 AM
I can only echo everyone else's concern for wee Mia and hope all goes well at the vet this morning.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »