Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nursey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear it's getting sorted.

They do put us through the mill, don't they.

Dawn R.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh I do hope it heals well on its own, glad she's home for now at least and nothing too serious.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Very glad to hear your news!

Loki had something similar on his throat and it too was lanced. He was prescribed antibiotics and while it was draining/healing we kept bathing it with a mixture of TCP and hot salty water.
xxx
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-09-2007, 11:01 PM
Only just caught this thread but so glad that it wasn't anything too serious for you and poor Jazzie. Abcesses are horrible things - one of our nurses has a phobia of them although I have to admit I have a strong stomach for them lol.

As you probably know, abcesses are generally left to heal without stitching. To aid with the healing, bathe the wound either with dilute hibiscrub or warm salt water 2 - 3 times daily.

As for the receptionist you spoke to the first time - I wound definately be reporting her! To ask an owner if their animal is dying is a total disgrace - an owner is simply not qualified to make that diagnosis, and an already worried owner may be panicked more by asking this question. It is also extremely rude - what she has to remember is that you were very worried and were seeking advice and help. It is certainly no way to speak to clients.

By simply explaining that unfortunately they were fully booked and that they only had emergency spaces available for the remainder of the evening wound have been fine. Ask you to explain the symptoms that Jazzie was showing, if unsure, consult with the vet/nurse to establish if it was indeed an emergency, and give you sound advice, be it to bring her in immediately, or to book an appointment for the following day. I'm really unsure as to why you had to phone back this morning anyway - you can quite easily book an appointment days in advance so she could have booked you in last night for an appointment today

Glad everything was ok in the end though hun, I'm just totally gobsmacked at the receptionist xxxxx
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7