View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2007, 07:00 PM
My Gremlin has had two huge swellings recently on her face, they came up incredibly fast but went down again just as fast the next day on both occasions. I`m pretty sure she was stung on both occasions or that she was stung the first time and the second time might have been if there was a bit of a residual blockage from the first time.
As has been said, usually when something so large comes up so fast its likely to be a sting or some other kind of insect bite or possibly a bit of a knock but very unlikely to be anything like a cancer so please try not to worry hun.

The attitude of the woman you spoke to is a disgrace imo but you can ring any vet in the phone book for Jazzie to be seen, it does`nt have to be your regular vet so it you are still worried just ring another vet, and then tomorrow let your regular vet know how you were treated, its not for an out of hours receptionist to decide what is a serious problem and what is`nt, thats for the owner and vet to decide, plus vets are supposed to provide out of hours cover either at their own practice or in conjunction with another and the woman who spoke to you like that could do with being reminded of that veterinary duty of care for the practice she is supposed to be a representative of !
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2007, 07:06 PM
What does it feel like when you mess around with it, is it hard or squidgey, does it feel like liquid in it. My old boy had a solid hard lump come up in a similar place, all the vet had to do was drain it, it was nothing awfull.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

If it's behind the jaw / under the ear I'm wondering if it's a gland that has swollen up.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Oh you poor soul,sorry you have had such a fright.I have to tend to agree with all the others,((((((hugs)))))) for you and Jazzie xxxxxxxxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Hope she's ok and you get her seen to soon. I'm sure a trip to the vet will ease your worrying. xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2007, 07:15 PM
What a cow - that receptionist! If it's anything like our GPs surgery, few are dying when they have emergency appointments. It just means the need is urgent.

Could it be a gland problem? I hope you get to the vets tomorrow to get an examination. In the meantime try not to worry - easier said than done I know but there are lots of causes of lumps.
Hugs.
xxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

25-09-2007, 07:43 PM
She should be reported to the vet - at the end of the day, the fees you are charged go towards her salary!

Loki took a swelling about this time last year, at the side of her mouth, it was a wasp sting and the vet told me to get Piriton.

I do hope all goes well. Please put an update on.

Big hugs and doggy kisses from Loki. Good thoughts from me.

Take care.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a reaction to something to me rather than anything serious. As others have said you can speak to any vet and get seen by them. Hope she recovers well. Big Hugs.
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-09-2007, 08:03 PM
(((Hugs))) to you and Jazzie.Try not to panic just yet like the others have siad it could be a gland or an allergic reaction.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2007, 08:28 PM
thanks everyone. I do tend to panic - did you notice

She's ok, a little quieter than normal.

the lump feels quite hard - but then i didn't really squeeze it cos i'm frightened of hurting her. It looks so big it actually looks like shes got a tennis ball in her mouth - which is exactly what i thought it was to start with!!

i'll get her up to the vet tomorrow and update you when i get home.

Thanks everyone.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »