View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2007, 08:46 PM
Fingers crossed the injection will do the trick, they usually work quite quickly and I've always found them very effective.

Let us know how she does
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:07 PM
Right, Flower had the injection over a week ago now, and she seems much better... She still itches occasionally, but not half as much as she was doing!

I kinda hope it was in her head a little, like the vet said, being a baby, she maybe got so used to itching the fleas away...she couldnt stop itching!!! Im not sure but still keeping a close eye on her.... xxxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by annajennison View Post
Right, Flower had the injection over a week ago now, and she seems much better... She still itches occasionally, but not half as much as she was doing!

I kinda hope it was in her head a little, like the vet said, being a baby, she maybe got so used to itching the fleas away...she couldnt stop itching!!! Im not sure but still keeping a close eye on her.... xxxx
That is good news. Its strange really, Bailey has a spot on his thigh that he has been licking and the vet thought it was to do with pins and needles due to his arthritis. Even though he is being treated he still licks it occasionally and I mentioned it on Tuesday, the vet said its probably become a habit, could be a similar thing. xx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2007, 08:35 PM
Its strange isnt it, I know I had been told that she may just be itching due to habit before...but sometimes you need a medical reason don't you?? I know she is itching a little, but like the vet said, puppies do itch! Im not sure...I hope it doesnt get worse...or il be back to square one...I hope it just gets better from here!! xxxxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 10:02 AM
Hope she gets better soon.

Maybe the vet is right - I know sometimes dogs can get into habitual habits of nibbling and itching. Marius had a food allergy when younger and used to nibble his legs, even when we cured the allergy every now and again he used to nibble. He stopped the habit until recently when he went into kennels and he'd nibbled a bit out of stress.

Got him home and he stopped immediately! Dogs huh!!! Maybe the skin still feels a bit sore as it is in her system? Hopefully she will stop itching altogether soon.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Thank you, well I must say, she has been playing with Willow all morning with not one single itch..this does indiscate threres maybe no need for her itching, I think she could be doing it as a habit...but Im not ruling anything out, still going to check her for fleas everyday and make sure her itching doesnt get out of control again!! xxxxx
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7