View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
ooh also, how often will I need to give her the garlic tab??
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 06:47 PM
P@H do a great tea tree oil shampoo, in the Perfect Coat range, it's pale green and it's just called tea tree oil shampoo! My dog never scratches when I've just bathed him with this, so I think a nice tea tree shampoo is the wtg for you? HOpe so anyways.
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
P@H do a great tea tree oil shampoo, in the Perfect Coat range, it's pale green and it's just called tea tree oil shampoo! My dog never scratches when I've just bathed him with this, so I think a nice tea tree shampoo is the wtg for you? HOpe so anyways.
I hope it works!! I will bath her tomorrow night and fingers crossed!!

How often do you shampoo your doggie? xx
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:16 PM
I give mine two each a day, but they are pretty big dogs, ranging from39 kilos to 45 kilos, depending on the size of your dog I would give one(if small breed) to two (larger breed) aday.

Mo
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I give mine two each a day, but they are pretty big dogs, ranging from39 kilos to 45 kilos, depending on the size of your dog I would give one(if small breed) to two (larger breed) aday.

Mo
Thank you!! xxx
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 03:31 PM
Right, I went into the pet shop today, and the gentleman in there seemed very knowledgable and he had 2 agility collie's so was interested to hear of Flowers problem. I explained everything to him and he told me to try rock sulphar in her water...as it may be prickly heat? Apparently collies are prone to this and especially as she is a puppy, she may be finding it hard to regulate her temperature...hence the prickly heat and the itching.

Has anyone ever tried rock sulphar in there doggies water? I really hope this can help! There wasnt a holland and baratt in the town I work in so will have to buy the shampoo and garlic online!! xxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 03:37 PM
I've just discovered this too on another thread!!! Can't think where though??? Yes, it might be your answer, I'm going to try it too!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I've just discovered this too on another thread!!! Can't think where though??? Yes, it might be your answer, I'm going to try it too!

I know I just spotted it on the general dog chat thread about cooling the water!! Im going to try it, the man in the shop said it may take a week for any benefits to show but fingers crossed!

Also, if I ask my vet about the flea treatments you mentioned and they dont have them, can I buy them anywhere else or do they have to be prescribed?

xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Not sure on that??? I think you can get them online at Bestpet or Hyperdrug so they can't be???? They'll be much cheaper online too!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 03:47 PM
I think I may try buying them online as the vets really are so expensive aren't they!! I will give this rock sulphar a try for a week and take it from there i think xxxx let me know how you get on too.. xxx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >