View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 08:12 PM
How horrible for you and Loki, does she have them often?
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Aww sorry *hugs* I know how distressing it is. I just hope it's just an isolated one. XX
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:18 PM
I'm so sorry. I have replied to your post on the Ute site but just found this one so wanted to send you hugs. You'll get through it and although it is hard, please try to stay positive because it is a while since the last lot and she's been brilliant during this time.

Just a thought - are you keeping a diary at all? I keep one for Loki to log all sorts of things in the hope that I might one day be able to spot when one is about to happen. No luck yet, I must admit.

Chin up hun. Things will improve.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

31-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Many thanks Everyone for all your lovely messages and hugs and kisses for Loki. She has slept most of the evening, so far. Got up to drink water, gallons of it! She ate 2 chicken breasts and her kibble as well. I gave her one Epiphen just after (forgot during the fit to put the Diazepam Rectal up her bottom) and I gave her her 2nd Epiphen at 8 pm. She is sound asleep in the kitchenette - I put a pillow under her head. The veranda door I have left open slightly to keep her cool.

She hasn't had a fit since March 11, I think it was, when she had to be taken to the hospital - she had taken about 16 - clusters. I wouldn't know as much about it if it wasn't for the help and advice given me by Lucky Star back in January and then in March.

Again, everyone many thanks for all your help and support and good wishes for both Loki and me too. I do appreciate it. I gave Loki all the cuddles and kisses and hugs from you all

Take care.

Rose.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

31-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
I'm so sorry. I have replied to your post on the Ute site but just found this one so wanted to send you hugs. You'll get through it and although it is hard, please try to stay positive because it is a while since the last lot and she's been brilliant during this time.

Just a thought - are you keeping a diary at all? I keep one for Loki to log all sorts of things in the hope that I might one day be able to spot when one is about to happen. No luck yet, I must admit.

Chin up hun. Things will improve.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello LS Many thanks for your wishes.

I remembered what you had advised me to do back in January I think it was and one was to keep a diary! I did. I remember before her first fits that her nose ran a lot with water, which would actually drip! She had a lot of saliva as well. The same thing happened in March - again before those clusters (I learnt that from you too - clusters I mean)! She went off her food a bit this week and her nose was running yesterday. I had put her in her crate when I went out (since the fits, I don't like leaving her to roam around the house - just in case!). First thing I always do is let her out of it on my return. Yesterday, I noticed a lot of saliva on the mattress in the crate, also on the carpet on the outside of the crate.

I also noticed her paddling this week. Loki was panting quite bad this morning - about 5 am. I got out of bed and knelt beside her and she calmed down. This time I was able to hold her and when she was coming out of the fit, she looked up at me - her eyes looked awfy glazed up.

Again, LS, many thanks for all your help
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 11:52 PM
Aw you don't need to send thanks Rose - I will always do all I can do help, even if it's not much.

Do you think perhaps Loki had had one, or maybe more, fits in her crate or it seems in your room? The excess saliva could be a sign - you know the gloopy, sticky stuff, and the legs paddling too?

I hope tonight is peaceful.

It could be a cluster. Remember if she does cluster you have the valium to try to reduce the severity of the cluster. And if she does cluster it may last around 3 days (that's what happens with my Loki - fits every 6 - 12 hours over a period of 3 days (approx 60 hours or so) - and I think your girl too - if she had one at around 5 am and another at around 6 pm ????) so you can roughly predict when they will end.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 12:09 AM
I can't add anything to what Linda has advised other than huge hugs and licky kisses to you both from everyone here xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 07:27 AM
I'm so sorry I've only just caught this thread, what a nightmare for you, it must be dreadful having to go through this with her.

I can see that you have received so much good advice, not having any experience of this myself, (thank goodness), I'm unable to give any advice but can just imagine how helpless it must make you feel. I just wanted to say that I hope she is feeling a lot better today and that you can start to relax again.

Big hugs to you both.

Sheree x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2007, 09:00 AM
How is Loki today, Rose?
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

01-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Aw you don't need to send thanks Rose - I will always do all I can do help, even if it's not much.

Do you think perhaps Loki had had one, or maybe more, fits in her crate or it seems in your room? The excess saliva could be a sign - you know the gloopy, sticky stuff, and the legs paddling too?

I hope tonight is peaceful.

It could be a cluster. Remember if she does cluster you have the valium to try to reduce the severity of the cluster. And if she does cluster it may last around 3 days (that's what happens with my Loki - fits every 6 - 12 hours over a period of 3 days (approx 60 hours or so) - and I think your girl too - if she had one at around 5 am and another at around 6 pm ????) so you can roughly predict when they will end.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello LS Loki fell asleep in the bathroom last night, I put a large soft pillow under her head and also put one at her side. I went to bed about 3 am, as I was keeping a check on her. She was still sleeping. I dozed off and got wakened up by Loki jumping on my bed about 5 am. I thought she must have slept OK since 3 am. However, underneath her mouth, her fur was all wet and the smell (which comes after the fits) was quite clear. I think she may have taken one but not really sure.

I gave her morning med as usual at 8 am - 1 Epiphen and 1 Potassium Bromide. She took them no bother at all. Ate a half tin of Tuna and kibble and drunk a lot. At the moment, she is sticking one of her balls in my side wanting to play.

One other thing I noticed last week - she had gone off her food again (she never liked food until her first fitting, if you remember) - I did notice yesterday that she lay in a kind of semi circle when resting and seemed tired. Her eyes were rather dull but I put it down to taking tablets and just tired!

I will take her a very short walk in a wee while - just to the end of the drive and back. Or, I may just let her sit out on the veranda!

Many thanks once mor for your support and help

Hugs and kisses from Loki xx

Take care xx
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »