Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2007, 08:54 PM
I am glad shes ok Phil.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Thank goodness she is ok, at least you had her checked and not worrying all night now, you never know it could of turn into something worse over night.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Well we've been to the vets. She trimmed away the hair to get at the actual teeth holes. She wanted to make sure the lump wasn't a haematoma and after squeezing blood out through the hole was happy with what was coming out - just watery blood. She gave Breagh an anti-biotic injection, an anti-inflamatory injection and a pain killer.
She's also on anti-biotics for a week.

Breagh was actually quite lively again by the time we got there. I think she was just having a sleepy spell which made it seem worse.
Phew Glad to hear it.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-04-2007, 10:23 PM
She's sleepy again just now (which is the norm) but she's a bit more like herself again. The boys are fine with her and she's fine with the boys. She even managed a wee ear swing on Fingal.

I just think it was a confined space thing that kicked off and she came off the worst.

Just have to watch the logistics - 3s a crowd and all that.

On a happier note - when we turned up the vet said "she's a big one for 14 weeks". She weighed in at 12.5kg and said a 14 week lab should be about 10K. OK she's a cross but the vet said she wasn't a fatty and was doing well.

So glad I made the effort to go tonight rather than wait.

Thank's for all the help & guidance

Px
Luz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 10:27 PM
Sorry Phil just caught this thread, Im pleased I caught it at the tail end of a good ending and didnt catch the worry you obviously were going through earlier. So pleased she's okay. Poor lass.
Loads of hugs for the little one from me & Ian. xxxxxxxxx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2007, 10:28 PM
Glad shes ok, and I think the ear swing shows they're still mates.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by Luz View Post
Sorry Phil just caught this thread, Im pleased I caught it at the tail end of a good ending and didnt catch the worry you obviously were going through earlier. So pleased she's okay. Poor lass.
Loads of hugs for the little one from me & Ian. xxxxxxxxx
Thanks Laura - She's asleep now upstairs with Karen. Perhaps in the long run (b4 she gets to big and strong) it might be a blessing in disguise -perhaps somebody was just sorting out the pecking order.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 10:42 PM
glad shes ok phil,dont they worry you xx
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2007, 10:44 PM
Its possible it was the pecking order being settled. Do you think it could have been an accident with them being in close quarters. As Jake and Star fight they play hard but when they played with skye as a pup they were quite gentle, I wonder if fingal and skye have been fighting and she got caught in the crossfire.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-04-2007, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
glad shes ok phil,dont they worry you xx
Yes - You get so used to thinking that pups are wee toughies because of the way they bully the big dogs and the slack the bigger dogs give them - but you must never forget that an older dog will give em a ticking off.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »