Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-06-2012, 07:26 AM

I have never witnessed this before.

In the 15 years we have lived here a crow on the suet feeder in the front garden.

I was only saying to Gorden the other day they are coming much closer to the houses than I have ever known and then seeing one about two feet from my kitchen window hanging off the feeder was quite spectacular.

They have been fleetingly visiting the back garden too this year also unusual but I do not put food out there as we had rats so its put out the front garden where Dillon now and Ollie use to only come out under supervision then it is shut off.

Mind you sometimes its like living by the coast with the Seagulls wheeeling overhead most days. Another thing we have become use to but rarely experienced till recently.
ruthshaw9
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I get crows on my bird table occasionally. I've had one coming and taking food away so I've been leaving some chunky dinner leftovers out as well as the usual bird seed. I got rewarded a couple of days ago because the whole family came. There were 5 of them and it was hard to tell grown ups from babies. They were so big they could only fit 3 on the table at a time but they were all jostling for a place. I haven't seen them since though.