Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
And if you want to do that then good for you, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with doing it yourself if thats what you want to do. I have numerous clients who can't afford to come that often so do it themselves all year then bring it in twice a year or so. As long as the dog has been well brushed out and trimmed (if it needs to be) I don't have an issue at all

But A lot of people seem to think that groomers should somehow groom dogs for virtually nothing and that I take REALLY get on my high horse about
Indeed. I have no problem with £30 for a good groom for a Westie! As I said, particulary if they're a very good groomer.

I did a grooming course a few years ago in order to be able to groom my own dogs both now and in the future.

Before that, Molly went to a professional groomers to be done every 6 weeks and was well brushed and combed out in between times.

Here is Molly:

It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it and it's the way I like her.
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:35 PM
You should be chuffed - you do a very good job
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2012, 09:37 PM
Originally Posted by Chunky View Post
You should be chuffed - you do a very good job
I'm happy with her. She'll be 9 years old in August.
Andi Jackson
New Member!
Female 

08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
aww she looks lovely! and nice and white too! makes a nice change!
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-06-2012, 06:53 AM
I wish more people who groom their dog themselves went on a course to learn how to do it. I get home hair cut disasters in sometimes that people want 'fixing'. Not so easy when it uneven and down to the skin in places!
Chunky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-06-2012, 03:52 PM
But I would still rather they did that then let the dog get more and more matted x
ZoomGroom
New Member!
Male 

01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
a fair price to pay in London / rule-of-thumb is £20-25 per hour. So if it takes two hours, that should be between £40 and £50. Wouldn't expect to pay less than £35 for an appointment. The salon still has to pay their groomer, plus the tax and National Insurance, plus the rent and business rates, plus the shampoos, utilities and more. There is little net profit after all that and they still need to make a living.
jantet
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Just had Bogie, cocker spaniel, clipped (very short as I can't keep him out of water!) and Pepe the standard poodle puppy just had his Face, Feet and Tail done. They charged £48 for the two of them, which seemed fair enough to me.

No doubt I shall be forking out a lot more once Pepe is out of his puppy coat and ready for a proper clip!
skypop222
New Member!
Female 

04-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
As the title says...

How much do you pay, and what does your dog have done?

Would you expect differing prices for say a small short haired breed to a small longhairs breed? (idea being short hair just needs a shampoo and dry, long hair could need trimming)

Interested in pricing, I don't really know because I do my dogs myself.
hi , i pay £25 but it is always slowly going up in sheffield
flowerr
New Member!
Female 

20-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I was wondering.. How do you choose a groomer? I've looked through many reviews (http://www.pissedconsumer.com/consum...terinary.html), but still can't decide how to make sure the groomer you are going to apply to is a reliable one to deal with.
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >