View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 09:25 PM
I really don't know what to do re minces... It has never been my preference to feed minces, I prefer to 'see' what he is eating and it puts me off that they have bone in them... But I am finding it increasing difficult to find 'whole' red meat. I usually get what I can from the butcher but he has ox cheek as his bulk. I checked the suppliers website and it appears that they no longer supply it... I have enough to last a few months so will need to find something else for him to have instead...
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I dunno. I don't have an issue with Prize Choice but I always think their mince looks very pale and anaemic...
I would agree with that
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I really don't know what to do re minces... It has never been my preference to feed minces, I prefer to 'see' what he is eating and it puts me off that they have bone in them... But I am finding it increasing difficult to find 'whole' red meat. I usually get what I can from the butcher but he has ox cheek as his bulk. I checked the suppliers website and it appears that they no longer supply it... I have enough to last a few months so will need to find something else for him to have instead...
What about Prize Choice beef chunks? You could try a bag from Pets At Home to test the quality?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
What about Prize Choice beef chunks? You could try a bag from Pets At Home to test the quality?
He has had them before, and they look the same as the DAF beef chunks, just a bit smaller... I'm not keen on the look of them if I am honest... they have funny spikey bits on them... Jake didn't have any problems with them though so maybe I am just too fussy
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

27-02-2012, 03:46 PM
to the person who was commenting on rabbit and DAF - I have just order whole rabbits from my distributor with no issues at all.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by DvnBiker View Post
to the person who was commenting on rabbit and DAF - I have just order whole rabbits from my distributor with no issues at all.
so do raw to go get their meat from DAF? because i dont want to order from them, and then the dogs not eat the mince because its the same... but saying that they seem to have different choice to DAF so i dont know! confused.com
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by DvnBiker View Post
Who is your distributor? I asked DAF myself and was told they no longer do the carcasses.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2012, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
so do raw to go get their meat from DAF? because i dont want to order from them, and then the dogs not eat the mince because its the same... but saying that they seem to have different choice to DAF so i dont know! confused.com
I'm confused too...
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 10:05 AM
right has anyone ordered from DAF and Raw to Go, and are the minces any different in quality etc? did your dogs prefer one to the other?

trying to work out whether its going to be pointless me ordering from them, if they are supplied by DAF because they wouldnt touch the meat from DAF
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Have you asked Raw to Go who supplies them?
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >