Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
All the bags of chunks were Prize Choice (even though the photos were Berriewoods own brand on the internet).

The mince blocks were Berriewoods own brand. Good quality. Similar to Prize Choice. Except I believe the lamb is 100% lamb I don't think any are mixed with chicken except the obvious, like chicken & tripe which are labelled as such.
thanks that helps me alot may put an order in with them when i next need it. ive just ordered some more natural instinct (mainly for the pups who start weaning next week )

so i may try berriewoods, as im at my wits end
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

17-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
OMG!

I AM harping on about it?? You are the one not dropping it! I don't give a fig why DAF don't rabbit or pheasant or have low stocks EVERY time... That is irrelevant to me, the fact is is that they don't have the choice I am after so I want to find somewhere else that DO have a better choice! You have failed to understand that, and keep insisting in explaining to me about rabbit being hard to supply! And, not only that but I don't like your tone with your 'I think you will find'.

Yes, it is up to me to make my own mind up... and my decision is to find another supplier, or source of rabbit and pheasant. I know it won't be the end of the world if I can't find rabbit or pheasant, but I want to try... I want him to have a slightly better variety. There is nothing wrong with that.

I take on board what people say, especially in reply to my questions, but you were the one going on trying to explain when I understood you point, and my point was different. The isn't throwing it in your face.

I don't know why it matters how long you have fed raw for, but I won't be reply again.

I need to take the dogs out now, and enjoy my walk!
You are the one who started with the tone on highlighting and replying in capitals so don't give me that one as I'm fully capable of reading a thread without the need of using capitals [shouting].
As for having over 30 years of experience of owning my own dogs then I would like to have thought I could possibly add valid constructive advise/ knowledge to the forum where applicable instead of getting drawn into and intimidated by someone like yourself.
If you don't like my replies then don't reply to any of my posts because I won't be replying to any of yours and that is a fact as I don't take kindly to being spoken to like I have by you.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-02-2012, 01:09 PM
Re: Prize Choice, anything that has "dinner" in the title is not all one meat.

So the chicken, turkey, beef, white fish and tripe is all 100%
The lamb dinner and rabbit dinner are only about 30% lamb or rabbit, the rest is chicken. I guess because these are the most expensive meats.

The prize choice beef and tripe chunks are pretty good.
Yeah, that's what puts me off prize choice. Although, I do think they are better now because when I first put Jake on raw, the packs didn't have a great deal of information on them... they are better now. Jake loves the prize choice beef chunks, but he refused to eat the liver...

I know what you mean about wanting variety, I do get whole rabbits, but I had wanted to get some duck and pheasant from DAF for variety but can't get pheasant now and heard several stories about dogs either not eating duck or throwing it back up
Yeah, I always like to get him as much variety as I can. I got him duck, but so far he hasn't eaten it He has had rabbit and loved it, but I can only get it from the butchers just now, and it works out really expensive. They do various types of birds, woodpigeons etc but again they work out expensive but I am planning on getting him some things just to try.

I got my recent stock from Berriewoods. So he regularly gets chicken, turkey, lamb, beef and tripe. Add in pig trotters/pork ribs, white fish and oily fish from the supermarket and that's still 8 different meats. While I'd love to get some game birds for variety, it's difficult in London and I've accepted that 8 meats realistically is probably enough variety.
I am thinking of trying Berriewoods (need to double check they deliver here though) but I did notice that a lot of there stuff is either minces or small 'whole' foods... They also seemed quite expensive compared to DAF but the pack sizes are different so maybe it doesn't work out the much different.

Jake gets chicken, beef, lamb, turkey and fish on a regular basis... I can get him pork but he refuses to eat it raw, and rabbit is more of an occasional one.

Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
doubt they will deliver to lozzi in scotland, because they wont deliver to me and im in cheshire.
They don't, but I sooooo wish they did! I would have thought you were close enough for deliveries though... They sound really good, and must miss out on lots of customers having a small delivery area.

No, you're right. I didn't know where Motherwell was. Geography is not my strong point
My geography isn't great either OH's is worse though... he thought Jersey was on the coast of Australia!
DvnBiker
Dogsey Junior

19-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Can I just confirm that rawtogo are a distributor for DAF. I used to use them but have another DAF distributor who has just opened up nearer so the delivery is cheaper for me.

Also an order I got from them only two weeks ago had rabbit mince in it. So I am surprised DAF have stopped selling it when their distributors are still selling it and distributing it. And this was a new distributor who had only just had their first big order in from DAF.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by DvnBiker View Post
Can I just confirm that rawtogo are a distributor for DAF. I used to use them but have another DAF distributor who has just opened up nearer so the delivery is cheaper for me.

Also an order I got from them only two weeks ago had rabbit mince in it. So I am surprised DAF have stopped selling it when their distributors are still selling it and distributing it. And this was a new distributor who had only just had their first big order in from DAF.
Yeah, I know they are a DAF distributor.

I didn't honestly ask about the minces coz I don't feed mince. I asked about the carcasses. It is just a preference I have to not feed mince.
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 03:34 PM
So the obvious thing is simply to not get the things that have dinner in it im not sure what the problem is about that it is clearly labled and they are a very reliable company.

I get millie the beef, chicken or chicken and trip, the beef chunks, liver chunks and heart chunks
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 03:38 PM
cant decide whether to try berriewoods or raw to go....
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Berriewoods delivery charge was half the price so I went with them! Despite the odd blip with my order, I am happy with the quality of food provided, especially their own brand minces. Not tried DAF products though so can't compare.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
So the obvious thing is simply to not get the things that have dinner in it im not sure what the problem is about that it is clearly labled and they are a very reliable company.

I get millie the beef, chicken or chicken and trip, the beef chunks, liver chunks and heart chunks
I am not sure who that is aimed at...

When I firsg got prize choice, 2 years ago, the packages were not clearly labelled so that put me right off them. I
now do not feed minces anyway...

I found the minces very watery anyway, whereas TMPS mince was 'bloody' rather than watery (I got them for someone else).
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I am not sure who that is aimed at...

When I firsg got prize choice, 2 years ago, the packages were not clearly labelled so that put me right off them. I
now do not feed minces anyway...

I found the minces very watery anyway, whereas TMPS mince was 'bloody' rather than watery (I got them for someone else).
Their very good now ^^

clearly labled and everything anything labled 100% is just that and id highly recomend them to beginners testing the water so to speak as its just so easy to order from and they have a good range to get into then when your a seasoned raw feeder its good to try and order from some of the other companys.

Its not watery anymore since ive been using them since last year they have and keep improving all the time and the good thing about them is they are readily available in most pet stores including pets at home which now stock the chunks. Their good if you don't like the bloodyness of other raw food companies I find berriewoods is less boney and more meaty then prize choice but I prefer the texture of prize choice and the delivery charge of prize choice too though its about the same.
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >