View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I plan to wait until he is 2 or 3 years old and will then maybe start looking if circumstances allow it etc.. but I was just aware that that was what I had heard and was like if he is this calm NOW... he will only get worse

My uncles is getting a beagle pup next week and I used to ADORE beagles as a kid and it has made me start thinking - that is why I asked so far in advance!
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Jed was my first dog and he is lazy as anything. He is always dawdling a mile behind the rest of us. Many a person has commented they thought he was an old man when they discover how old he really is. My second dog is addicted to running and his energy levels are through the roof. He'll try and get Jed to play with him but mostly he's out of luck unless it's playfighting on the spot and then Jed gets his own back for being bullied! He cant be bothered with chasing him though or running for a toy.

My third dog on the other hand is energetic and I think this suits Flynn more as he can have a good game of chase or they race each other.

I didnt think about energy levels when I got my first 2 dogs and i'd never heard of any kind of 'rule' but for me personally, I wouldnt like another dog as slow as Jed.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 06:07 PM
I can't even remember where I heard it, it may have been a friend mentioning it and it was in the back of my head somewhere lol.

That is good to know though!

When we are out Alfie is keen and energetic and has a play etc etc, he is just slow in the house a lot of the time if he isn't having a "puppy moment" lol
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Just a thought ,don't know if you will be after a new pupbut if you are after a rescue when the time comes keep an eye on beagle welfare who i foster for they have dogs of all ages needing homes and you find out about the dogs personality before you get it!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks!
I don't know what age I would get to be honest - hadn't thought about it really!
I will probably just go to some rescue centres and see what they have in at the time, or see what comes up.
I do fancy a slightly older rescue though as I got Alfie as a pup =)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2