View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Claudia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2010, 06:01 AM
this might sound a bit awful to you guys in the UK but I do sometimes feed our dogs kangaroo mince
It is supposed to be very healthy lean meat and you get specific petmeat in the supermarket, the dogs love it
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-02-2010, 07:17 AM
My girls are raw fed, and the fosters get CSJ
annspot80
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-02-2010, 10:56 AM
Hi claudia, i am now feeding mine on beta again as the previous pets at home brand didn't agree with him, and the good thing with this feed is that they do puppy - up to 6 months, junior - 6-12 months, and then adult from 1 year up.
If you can find a feed which does junior i think would be better, as your dog is still growing, and the junior would meet his growing requirements
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-02-2010, 06:04 PM
My adults are given Autarky (the 13yr old also gets Nature Diet) & my 2 pups have Orijen. I may switch them onto Fish4Dogs when I finish the bag.
Browndogs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-03-2010, 10:37 PM
I've been feeding my dog Bruno on raw food for about a year now and he's thriving (though I still have mad panics from time to time when I'm sure I've done something wrong). Our new dog, Mouse, is currently on Iams as this is what she was fed in her previous home but I will be changing this (hopefully to raw) as soon as is practicable.
rigsbydoodle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
this might sound a bit awful to you guys in the UK but I do sometimes feed our dogs kangaroo mince
It is supposed to be very healthy lean meat and you get specific petmeat in the supermarket, the dogs love it
You can actually get "Kangaroo meat"???

I have been swapping food on my dally for a while - Always dry. He was on Wagg when Dad owned him - but he was "Sir Trumpalot", so I changed it to Purina Beta (senior - he is 12) and he lost interest. So, I fed him a mix of "Caesar" style shop brand wet food - gave him diorrhea (can't spell that) so stopped. Tried him on Pedigree Complete dry - He absolutely LUUUUUURRRRVED that and couldn't get enough! It looked great too... BUT... alas, he became hyperactive, and a hump-o-matic! so I stopped it! Now feeding Wainwrights (PAH special) which is the equivalent to James Wellbeloved - which I also bought - for variety. If he's wavering on eating I add half a cup of hot water to bring out the smell. He woofs it down! And his coat is lovely, his energy is still great but not hyperactive as he was, and he is also a lot calmer in the evenings. His bedding gets a break LOL...

I have been told to watch out for foods which state "Meat derivatives" - usually means BFB (beak, feather and bone)... Apparently, James Wellbeloved/Wainwrights are as good as the High end foods (Purina Pro plan/Iams/etc) but half the price. Also, James Wellbeloved/Wainwrights are cereal and wheat free - classic allergy stuffs for dogs with sensitive insides. I share this because I have been troubled for ages with foods for my pooch - and I seem to have found something right - although all dogs are different!!
Claudia
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2010, 11:21 PM
anything that says by products you need to stay away from.

And yes, we do get kangaroo meat here
In fact, the government wants us to eat more of it instead of beef or lamb as apparently kangaroos are much "cleaner" and produce far less waste than cows but especially sheep.
You can get it for human consumption and pet consumption, we tried it recently but I did not like it at all, it tastes like "game" meat.
miles1
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-03-2010, 02:49 PM
i feed my boys royal canin and raw meat; lamb, beef, chicken, pork, tripe, turkey, lamb liver, kidney, heart and big bones for a nice challenge.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Currently on about 90% raw - the 10% is when i forget to get it out the freezer or we run out - then they have Burgess Supa Dog Sensitive.

We get our bones from the organic meat stall at the farmers market - lamb ribs, chicken wings and frames, pork, lamb and mutton bones, trotters and lots of scrap bits - normally pick up a freezer full for £5. Rest of the time it's morrisons chicken wings, more bones if i can get them and a bit of offal, left over cooked veg, raw eggs, etc.

Cat's are also quite partial to the raw food as well
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Ours have CSJ and do brilliantly on it
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >