View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kyle217
New Member!
Male 

07-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Thank you all. Your kind words have made all of this that little bit easier. Most people in our lives don't understand how attached we become to our animals and websites like this draw us like minded people together. This is an invaluable resource for the situation i'm in.

It's been a few days since he went to sleep and we're slowly getting there. You sort of get on with things but every now and again something daft brings you back to realisation, like yesterday I was brushing the floor and the fact there was no dog hairs really upset me. Didn't seem right.

We should have his ashes back in the next few days and hopefully that will bring a bit of closure.

Thank you all again
tedsui
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi Kyle,
Each day will be a little easier, but as you say a simple thing can suddenly remind you. Take comfort from the fact that Max didn't suffer and you and your wife were able to give him the dignity that he deserved. When Lucy crossed Rainbow Bridge at the end of July I was fortunate to have my other old collie to take the pain away a little and to love just that little bit more. I have kept Lucy's ashes beside my bed and that gives me comfort, until I decide I am ready to spread them on the marsh where we used to walk.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss but well done in being so brave as to make the right choice for him. I am happy to hear that you have found the forum a comfort during this hard time. x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 01:47 PM
So sorry to read this Kyle, my thoughts are with you.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2009, 07:31 PM
So sorry for your loss.

He was a beautiful boy and your love for him shone through all your posts.

You were fortunate to find each other and have many happy years together.

Take Care x
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7