View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 08:33 AM
I'm so sorry to be reading this so soon, but there can be no doubt you did the right thing.

Bacon and sausages for breakfast and then to fall asleep in the arms of those he loved most...I can't think of a better way for Max to take his journey to Rainbow Bridge.

As for you and your wife, i know the pain you must both be feeling right now. it will get better, slowly. Take care of each other. x
tedsui
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2009, 08:36 AM
Hi Kyle,
I have just read through your post in tears because this mirrored what I have just gone through with Lucy, my 14 year old rescued GSD/Border Collie. I asked for help on this forum as she became a recluse over about 3 weeks and spent all day lying beside my bed, only getting up for meals and to go out reluctantly for a walk. She too was losing the use of her back legs and was suffering from urinary incontinence. One evening she didn't finish her meal (which was totally unlike her) and the following morning she didn't bother to get up for her food, that was the morning I decided she had endured enough. I went to my vet after morning surgery, stayed with Lucy talking to her, and it only took a few moments for her to pass over Rainbow Bridge. I have her ashes back beside my bed so it is like she's still with me. I'm thinking of you at this time,god bless.
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 09:18 AM
i was so sorry to read this but like a previous poster, your last morning sounded just like mine and leo's. i believe it helps alot with the grieving process when you've shared such a peaceful ending together.

take care and know that your boy will live on in your heart forever. xx
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2009, 09:26 AM
I don't know you but I feel so proud of you for doing the right thing by Max. It is a hard thing to do but the right thing.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Run Free Max. Condolences and hugs from all of us (((((((xxxxxxx)))))) you made the absolute right decision and am so glad you chose to share his last days with us.
taniamiff
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-09-2009, 02:07 PM
I am so sorry to be reading this. I know exactly what you have been through and I believe that you did the right thing. I loved to hear about his breakfast, sounds like he really enjoyed that. My thoughts are with you. x
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 02:37 PM
Heart felt thoughts are being sent to you and your wife. It has got to be one of the hardest days . I can only say you did the most selfless things and hope you find comfort in that. Your posts have really got me crying as it is one of the hardest things to do when you love them so much.
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
So sad and sorry to read this. We all know how you feel, it is so painful. You did the right thing for him. Take care.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 03:25 PM
I know every inch of how you're both feeling right now, but Max will always be with you forever more, you just won't be able to see him that's all, he's still there with you. My heart goes out to you now for being so brave, so honest, and so very kind to Max to let him go with such great dignity and painfree up to the end. I'm sure that saying goodbye to him at home made it all the more peaceful for all, especially for Max, and you will be able to look back just like I do now (2 years on) with sweet memories of today instead of through tears like you are now. Time really does heal, and one day you might be lucky enough to have another little gift falling in your path just like I have now, I hope so for you both, you are such wonderful, caring owners. Fate must have brought you to us.

I'm glad he had a hearty breakfast, my dear old girl had roast chicken with all the trimmings and I swear she knew, just like Max knew when he looked up and asked you to save him from all that pain - you did the right thing at the right time, bless you.xxxxxx

Run free sweet Max, catch up with the Dogsey gang then you'll have some fun.xxxxxx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-09-2009, 04:10 PM
I didn't catch this thread before now - I just wanted to echo what everyone else has said here, that you absolutely did do the right thing by Max.

It's the one final act of love we can show them and it takes a strong and very unselfish owner to go through with it. Everything you have written proves how much he was adored by you both and how much he meant to you.

May he RIP and happiness at the bridge with so many of the Dogsey dogs who have gone before him. Hugs to you at this saddest of times, I really do know how you feel. xx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >