Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 03:06 PM
hope the news is good
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Fingers and paws crossed hear for good news.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Well we have come back from the vets.......

They said that they put her under sedation, and as we all know that just means that the dog cant resist to what they are doing. They took the first layer of cells off her eye, went behind the third eyelid and had a poke and prod around in there. Also looked at her eye fully.

They said that she has had a big trauma to her eye and its definately damaged her optical nerve. They gave me some strong pain killers , and 2 different types of eye drops. I have to go back on Friday and the vet will have another look at her, to see if the medication is working. If not there are a few more options she said, but worst case scenario she will have to remove her eye.

Im totally gutted, she has literally just started leaving my side when out at this park and then this happened. Im just looking at her now and she is asleep on her bed, she didnt move in the car and she is all drowsy.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:16 PM
aw big hugs, hoping the medication does its work, however as someone else says if the worst case scenario does happen and she loses her eye she is young enough to cope remarkably well with just the one.

good luck pepsi healing vibes on their way to you.,
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:24 PM
Thanks guys, i know she is young enough to fight it. Just a bit gutteed that all this has happened really. She seems to be a poorly pup, ive never had these probs with other dogs ive owned. Never mind, it just makes her more special in my eyes lol
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 04:52 PM
I can understand why you're so upset about it all, hugs to both you and her.

But fingers crossed the meds work. I had a cat once that made a right mess of his eye, it made me sick to look at it, but it did mend, so there is hope.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:13 PM
poor Pepsi - you must feel rotten too xx Hope she is ok xx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Well we have come back from the vets.......

They said that they put her under sedation, and as we all know that just means that the dog cant resist to what they are doing. They took the first layer of cells off her eye, went behind the third eyelid and had a poke and prod around in there. Also looked at her eye fully.

They said that she has had a big trauma to her eye and its definately damaged her optical nerve. They gave me some strong pain killers , and 2 different types of eye drops. I have to go back on Friday and the vet will have another look at her, to see if the medication is working. If not there are a few more options she said, but worst case scenario she will have to remove her eye.

Im totally gutted, she has literally just started leaving my side when out at this park and then this happened. Im just looking at her now and she is asleep on her bed, she didnt move in the car and she is all drowsy.
Awwww big hugs. I know exactly how you feel, it was so awful when Biff hurt his eye. It was a random accident with another dog, a ball and a railing (we think).The vet said injuries like that with eyes are common though.
Sadly Biff did lose all the sight in that eye...but he did so well...you really couldn't tell as his hearing compensated well for a few years.
The eye is such wonderful thing try not to worry too much, there is every chance it will recover with time.
I do understand totally though as you feel so helpless. I was so upset when it happened to Biff. They said he may lose his eye totally...but he didn't, just the sight and he looked like this...
[IMG][/IMG]

Try to stay positive. Huge hugs xxxxxxxx
Bucksmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:44 PM
If the worst happens and Pepsi loses her eye,it may be very upsetting for you but honestly she will cope quite well and could very easily handle gundog training.We used to have a terrier that lost his eye due to glucoma and on our shoot we have a fantastic spaniel with only one eye due to a blackthorn puncture.I hope it doesn't come to surgery but if it does i hope this is some comfort x
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Ouch that does look painfull. Poor Biff. I hate to see any dog in pain. ive just gave her some pasta and chicken. She was very hungry bless her
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »