Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 12:55 PM

Pepsi went to the vets this morning :-(

Well this morning i went for a nice early morning walk with Pepsi. She has either been feeling a bit off the last few days OR she is very tired from her walks lol. She is doing a lot more running around in the trees and stuff now, which is great to see as she is usually stuck by my side the whole time.

Anyways when we came back i noticed that her eye was swollen, my first thought was 'grass seed'. So i looked around her eye and didnt see anything. Her pupil was non responsive and the bottom of her eye was very swollen. So i rang the vets and they told me to go down at 11.30am. Off i went and when i got into the room with the vet she was very confused. She said she had not seen anything like this before and that it defiinately was not a grass seed or anything in her eye. She took pepsi away to another vet then came back, she said that she may have pulled the optical nerve at the back of her eye. As her pupil is small and non responsive to any light what so ever.

She has kept her in for a few hours and i have to ring back at 2pm. Im so worried about her. I hate just sitting around and waiting. My dad will love it as i have tidied the whole house lol, as i cant keep still.

Just thought id have a little vent and tell you guys how worried i am

Purdy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Sorry to hear about pepsi. Hope she is home with you soon and feeling better.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Gosh, that doesn't sound too good

Fingers crossed she will ok - are you about to phone the vets?
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys, just rang and i have to ring back at 3.30pm. They have put some medication into her eyes then there going to have a good look. From what they said its not looking that good. But me being worried and all im prob not taking it the way they are saying it lol.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
Thanks guys, just rang and i have to ring back at 3.30pm. They have put some medication into her eyes then there going to have a good look. From what they said its not looking that good. But me being worried and all im prob not taking it the way they are saying it lol.
oh hun the waiting is awful isn't it.

I wonder if she bashed into something - I guess you'll never know.

Just in case it isn't good news, I just want to reassure you that Pepsi will be able to lead a perfectly normal life if the damage should prove permanent.

But I do hope that its not as bad as you fear and that she will make a full recovery.

((hugs))
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 01:13 PM
Yeah i know dogs can lead very good lives with just one and but i want her to have 2 lol. This is the childish side of me coming out, as i wanted to do gun dog training with her and im not sure if you can do it with a one eyed dog. Im [prob just getting ahead of myself here. I bet theres nothing wrong wiht her lol
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Hugs.
The waiting is horrid.
I can vouch for the fact that dogs adapt remarkably quickly to life with one eye. I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to do gundog training...as long as you (and the trainers) are aware that she may not spot things on that side quite as easily. It is amazing how they adapt though and how much their other sense compensate.
Biff lost his sight when he was 10/11. It was only a problem to him when his hearing also started to fail. Bless him.

Hope it is not as bad as her losing her sight in that eye though. POsitive vibes coming from here.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 01:34 PM
Poor Pepsi! I really hope it's not too serious, but as the others have said, dogs are remakably adaptable. I wouldn't rule out the gundog training either. Must be awful waiting - sending you loads of positivity.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 02:17 PM
Poor Pepsi. Fingers cross its not as serious as you may think xx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Hope she will be fine, let us know xxx
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »