View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Missy always has a 7am and a 10pm half hour walk every day. In the heat we've got here - 30 today - I cut out the two other walks we have in the daytime.
I'm lucky Missy wants to be near me, so if I'm indoors, she'll stay indoors, even though she could go into the garden through her dog flap.
Penry
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-06-2009, 11:56 AM
I walk Sasha early in the morning before I go to work and late in the evening. We haven't changed her feeding times.

Where we work all through the week we like to have Sasha with us wherever we go at the weekends (morning, noon or night) even when it's hot, so I might be classed as one of those numpties who drag their dogs out during the day . . . !!!! but we always take plenty of water and make sure where possible she is in a nice shady spot.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

29-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I take Loki out early morning and in the evening about 5 walks when it cools down!

She doesn't get out onto the veranda either and I watch when I play with her indoors with her ball, as she does get so hot!
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-06-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't change mine as I am lucky to live right next to woodland with a river so they play alot in the river and the woods is cooler.
I do take them on the moor at about 6am before it gets to hot. They get two walks aday once on the moor the other along the river.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 03:24 PM
I take Tilly around 8am and again around 5pm - but later if it's hot (after dinner around 7 or 8pm.

Always makes me wonder in Spain where we see loads of little dogs being paraded along the prom when it's roasting!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 03:31 PM
It's a different kind of heat in Spain though, it's dry, not this oppressive, exhaust fume ridden, muggy heat that we have here, at least you can breathe in it and walk in it, this is so different, don't quite know why, but then maybe it's getting to me now!!!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 03:46 PM
morning and night....

unfortunately im working early hours so they dont get an AM walk tomorow... but they go out when its cooler...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
It's a different kind of heat in Spain though, it's dry, not this oppressive, exhaust fume ridden, muggy heat that we have here, at least you can breathe in it and walk in it, this is so different, don't quite know why, but then maybe it's getting to me now!!!
Yes that's true - I've sat out in Spain at 40 degrees and though mmmm this is nice! Imagine that in the UK!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 04:07 PM
No thanks! I could be a possibility by the end of this week though for us!!! I'm dreading it!

I've got a 7 1/2 month old puppy here who's lying in her bed sleeping when she should be out running, but I just can't risk it, coz even though I know of some lovely woods, the car is stinking hot sitting out on the driveway to get her there! She can't understand why she can't even go out in her lovely garden, she's confined to the decking out the back with her pool under the blind There are times when I wished I lived up in Scotland ya know!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 04:15 PM
[QUOTE=Helena54;1721995] No thanks! I could be a possibility by the end of this week though for us!!! I'm dreading it!

I've got a 7 1/2 month old puppy here who's lying in her bed sleeping when she should be out running, but I just can't risk it, coz even though I know of some lovely woods, the car is stinking hot sitting out on the driveway to get her there! She can't understand why she can't even go out in her lovely garden, she's confined to the decking out the back with her pool under the blind There are times when I wished I lived up in Scotland ya know![/QUOTE]

LOL - we get it hot up here too you know
Page 6 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >