View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't surface before dinnertime if I'm not working so morning walks generally don't happen!

If it's really hot I'll wait til late afternoon before going out for a couple of hours. If it's warm then I take her out whenever, but always make sure she goes for a good swim in the river before setting out. Alternatively I take her to the beach where she just swims in the sea for an hour, it's generally cooler on the coast too.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Well only 18 degrees over the weekend here, so its not bothering the dogs at all.

In any event their morning walk is always between 5-6.30am and their afternoon/evening walks are nearly always by the river.

I'll let you what we do in the real heat if and when we ever get temps over 25 degrees!
MaryS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Well only 18 degrees over the weekend here, so its not bothering the dogs at all.

In any event their morning walk is always between 5-6.30am and their afternoon/evening walks are nearly always by the river.

I'll let you what we do in the real heat if and when we ever get temps over 25 degrees!
LOL. I just remember 2006 with over a month in the mid 30s and one dog from Cambodia who loved it and the Finnish one on strike and refusing to blow winter coat!!!
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2009, 09:29 PM
Seeing as I have Myles to get to school weekdays and Church on weekends I can't really do early mornings without having to get up with a 6 year old at 5am, which is just wrong! And also, Myles is in bed for 8pm, so can't really do late either. I just try and do later on, 5/6pm if it's really too hot on a morning by the time I have done the school run and if it's too hot still then some days it's just better to not go at all and when it's that hot they'd rather not anyway, a chase about the garden and a paddle in the pool is enough. I'm a terrible owner so I am.
Merz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2009, 10:41 PM
We walk mid-morning coz were we go is full shade and thats for about 30 mins instead of usual hour or so-past 3 days have not been walking after morning walk-too hot and Hatti doesn't cope well with heat-neither do I!! She is quite happy with one walk a day at moment and plodding in and out of the garden once the sun has disappeared and there is some shade
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-06-2009, 05:59 AM
Mine still get about an hour and a half, starting out anytime between 10am and 2pm, We walk in the woods and it's usually pretty cool. We carry water with us and they have the lake towards the end of the walk. The only bit of the walk we change is there is no ball throwing in the field in the heat.
Sorry forgot to add, still fed the same food at the same time and they still eat with gusto.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Early morning and late evening here too. Food is not changed, but they all eat a bit less when it's really hot.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Seeing as I have Myles to get to school weekdays and Church on weekends I can't really do early mornings without having to get up with a 6 year old at 5am, which is just wrong! And also, Myles is in bed for 8pm, so can't really do late either. I just try and do later on, 5/6pm if it's really too hot on a morning by the time I have done the school run and if it's too hot still then some days it's just better to not go at all and when it's that hot they'd rather not anyway, a chase about the garden and a paddle in the pool is enough. I'm a terrible owner so I am.
Me too. Although I will tend to do it after the school run or take one of them with me on the school run.

I hate how restricting the heat is.
We were out yesterday and had to take the 2 Flat Coats as we were going to be longer than an hour and a half and thats Tangos current max time to be left...we walked them in woodland then were going to head to the beach post icecream but it was too hot...so we came home. We all missed out but better that than them getting ill.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Early and late shifts here!

Pei's only have one coat so are very sensitive to the weather, we do have to be careful in really hot weather.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-06-2009, 06:31 AM
As these seem to have no problem with heat, cold or middle of the range weather, then it's me who decides, have to say I avoid afternoons as it may not effect these but it does me

But these come to the allotment and stuff like that, they (all 3) seem sensible enough to find shade when needed. On Saturday at the dog show shade wasn't readily available so I put the brollies up. Rest of the time, these are nearly always walked by rivers and lakes, so they are constantly dipping away
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >