Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by Fluffypup View Post
Boris is much the same with smaller bones like chicken. He doesn't swallow them whole so no choking happening, but gives one crunch to break it and then swallows. This results in horrible very sharp pieces of bone in his poo which I've decided is too dangerous. So he gets chicken mince (bone in) and he chews on lamb ribs and oxtail which, because he takes longer to chew, seems to give the enzymes time to be produced and I never see bone in his poo when he has these.
The bones will not do any harm ... they will just pass through the gut, but the dog will be getting more nutrition if he does chew them up of course. Many people do feed raw mince with minced up bone in there, and that's fine of course, although he won't be getting any dental benefit. I can quite understand why you would be nervous though about the bits of chicken bone ... being hollow, they are much easier for a greedy dog to just swallow, and really won't do any harm despite the sharpness, but nevertheless you are very sensibly giving him the lamb ribs and oxtail, from which he will get dental benefit of course.
JayJay
New Member!
Female 

16-08-2009, 03:38 PM
Mine minded they were ill and like I said plastic taags in chicken wings that have to be individually cut off is a no no.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-08-2009, 06:09 PM
I only got the chicken wings once and they were way too small, I can get better ones from my butchers and have got him to give me a bulk price. I usually get the turkey wings and necks. Never seen any plastic tags on any of them ever
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-08-2009, 08:12 PM
I didn't think much of Landywoods chicken wings either, far too small. But what are these plastic tags? Never seen them on any poultry wings with any raw food supplier either !
Page 7 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7