Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 09:15 PM
Mick, I want to PM you but can't.

Can I have full postcode please?

I am very interested in getting it for a friend of mine please.
daneman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermonkey View Post
I know it kind of defeats the object but have you try cooking a pack or two? I used to feed T the raw packs from Pets at home (freezer too small for a LW order!) and he went off it, so i tried cooking it and he went for that for a bit then wouldnt touch it at all (bar the raw beef chunks) so i think for him its the consistancy? He now has asda smart price lamb mince and loves it!

We are in LE16 if you could give a bit more detail as to what it is, im sure I could find a home for it as a friend is thinking about ordering from Landywoods.
Hi the 1lb blocks of meat are the following
minced meat mix x18,minced chicken x33,minced lamb x34
tripe and organ meat x5 and mixed meat and tripe x9.
regards mick.
daneman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Mick, I want to PM you but can't.

Can I have full postcode please?

I am very interested in getting it for a friend of mine please.
THE POST CODE IS LE18 2RR
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:42 PM
I use Landywoods the whole time. Their food is great, and mine certainly doesn't smell ! Sometimes the chicken wings are a bit wiffy though, but the dogs don't mind ... just think how long those bones are putrifying underground before they dig them up and eat them !! Dogs have incredibly strong stomach acid which will kill any bacteria stone dead !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Albion are good too, but a bit more expensive, and there is another one I was investigating because they don't have a minimum weight of order - it was something like DMYK ?
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-06-2009, 08:52 AM
If it works out to far for Jesterjenn, I work just outside narborough so would be interested as its just quick detour from my route home. Say my 'raw' friend at agility last night and she said we could share it between freezers!
daneman
Dogsey Junior
Male 

03-06-2009, 08:32 PM
Hi Jesterjen could you please pm me now i have got my pms
on now.
mick.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I use Landywoods the whole time. Their food is great, and mine certainly doesn't smell ! Sometimes the chicken wings are a bit wiffy though, but the dogs don't mind ... just think how long those bones are putrifying underground before they dig them up and eat them !! Dogs have incredibly strong stomach acid which will kill any bacteria stone dead !
Dogs don't have the ability to kill all bacteria from raw food, some times what happens when feeding raw is a back up of bacteria builds up in the intestine...which can and does cause problems with some dogs
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post
Dogs don't have the ability to kill all bacteria from raw food, some times what happens when feeding raw is a back up of bacteria builds up in the intestine...which can and does cause problems with some dogs
I've never heard of that before, thanks for the info. I have been feeding raw for 6 + years and never had a single problem. I am actually very careful with the general hygiene, and personally wouldn't feed Tai anything that was more than a bit whiffy. But Hal would dig up the most disgusting raw bones from the garden which didn't bear close examination, and never suffered. I think a healthy dog should never have a problem with a build up of bacteria, but if there was some underlying unknown health problem with a compromised immune system I can see that this could happen.

Thanks again, there is always something new to learn !
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-06-2009, 11:00 AM
I've just thought of the other raw internet supplier that I couldn't remember - its DAF. If you google DAF, you should find the link. They are most helpful people, and there is no minimum order either in terms of weight or money. Unfortunately, at the moment they cannot deliver to me in Northants as yet, but they are going to get in touch when they have enough clients.
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »