View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 10:08 AM
Wow, fantastic response, good for you, as you say it's more about making an example of her rather than the money.
My pups are checked by my vet at least 3 times before they go to their new homes and my vets are more than willing to tell prospective clients that.
Hope she coughs up now. Although I must admit I would have said, right show me the letters from the other buyers, I think it highly unlikely that every one of them would have written a letter, you always get the odd person out of a litter that wont keep in touch! Certainly not by letter!
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 10:09 AM
The e-mail is perfect, you've stated your intentions quite clearly, and hopefully it should make her sit up and realise you're no pushover! Hopefully, she'll just cough up the original £100 she was going to pay and that will now be the end of it, coz quite honestly, you don't want to incur more expense do you with the solicitor and everything else, even though she'll pay any court costs, I don't think it covers your solicitor's fees does it? Not sure on that one. Finger's crossed then, and well done.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 10:09 AM
[QUOTE=alexandra;1350410]OMG What a bitch!!
how dare she!!!!

not only that but her grammar is appalling![/QUOTE]

That was my first thought!
Good on you Julie, go for it, fight her all the way.
By the way your email was fantastic, very well worded.
ndidi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I have been keeping up with this post and think you are doing a great job. I am appalled by the breeder how can someone who is supposed to care for animal be like that.

Anyway best of luck to you. I hope the breeder gets what she deserves

Ndidi
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 11:05 AM
Only just read up on this and I think she is shocking.
I would sue her as her behaviour is a disgrace, how dare she threaten you?!
Get her!!!!!!!
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 11:16 AM
well done you!! fantastic reply to her terrible e-mail...which I imagine was made up anyway!!! Keep us posted on the outcome xxxx
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 11:31 AM
I have to say that you are doing agreat job. My only extra thought would be is there any way you could get her checked by the RSPCA to stop this happening again to future litters?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Teddy's Mum I think your email was really good. Erudite, to the point, unlike hers which had no grammer and a lot of spelling mistakes!

I wouldn't believe a word of what she says about the other owners. All the pups could have been as poorly as little Teddy.

I agree with Fudgeley - you should get this woman checked by the RSPCA even if she does pay the vet bills. And if she's in reciept of benefits you should shop her for that too, you just need to call your local Jobcentre. If you get more than £5 in a week you have to tell the Jobcentre as it affects the amount of benefit (I know because I get incapacity benefit).

I'm so sorry that you've had the misfortune to have to have dealings with this terible woman, but at least you've got your lovely little pup. How's he doing now?
I-mac77
Almost a Veteran
Male 

18-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Just caught up with all this! Can't believe this woman.

I think you have given a great reply, well presented and although it does sound as though you are saying pay up or else, I think it is also stating that you aren't just in it for the money, as if that was the case you'd just take legal action. I suspect she will try and call your bluff and probably force your hand, but hopefully she'll have the sense to meet you in the middle.

My only two comments regarding the your e-mail, is that I would contact the RSPCA to investigate her anyway, as I would be concerned how she looks after her dogs, let alone the pups she breeds. I would also contact the job centre as what if she is claiming benefit and not declaring earning from breeding then she is being fraudulent.

Well done you for sticking up for yourself, I'll look forwrd to reading the outcome, fingers crossed it'll be a pleasant one!
AussieGeek
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-04-2008, 01:19 PM
I dont think that your letter is really blackmail. I mean I geuss you can look at it that way but all you are doing is laying everything out. Putting it in black and white that way there is proof and so there is no excuses. Stick to your guns you have nothing to loose.....except maybe a bit of sleep but that can be caught up

O and give that little pup of yours a kiss from me
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9