View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Shall we all just stop talking to this sadistic moron now?
If Dogsey wont Ban him, its up to use to shut him up.

Im done

Have a crap life Adam I hope you are struck by lightening
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 07:39 AM
Originally Posted by Adam Palmer View Post

Moons mum/misflyn, I made no mention of any specific dogs/members. However seeing as you brought Cain up I will mention him.
Tbh I couldn't care less about you situation with him atm, why? I have offered to help you numerous times over the past 6 months or how ever long its been and you haven't bothered. Basically you've made your bed you can now lie in it for the next 14 yrs or however long he lives.
I do feel sorry for Cain, basically you took him on about the same time as I took Jacca on and what has Cain got now that he didn't have then, still iffy with dogs, still confined to a lead, still stressed/frustrated/fearful/aggressive every walk. What has Jacca got? A life tbh, 3 hours off lead on dartmoor today, thursday he will spend an hour at aglity most of which will involve playing with his buddies, he comes out with me as a stooge dog, runs round parks with packs of dogs and goes out riding with me!

Sorry if that upsets you but there you go.

Adam
I repeat *shrug* You can continue to be personal and try to upset me but I honestly couldn't care less what you think. You're opinion is of no consequence to me. And incidently YOU broke you're rules by mentioning my dog first, I had no wish to bring him into this coversation, he came up on the back of a comment that YOU, so don't use "seeing as I bought him up" because I didn't.

Why do you ecollar trainers feel the need to push and push your method? As you say, you offered me "help" several times and I refused. I made it very clear how I felt from the start about ecollars but you couldn't accept it and leave it be, no you proceeded to hijack every thread. I will never use an ecollar and I would certainly never take behavioural advice from you.

Cain is progressing beautifully. I have the patience to heal him properly and every day he gets a bit better. I'm so proud of him. No he can't go off lead in EVERY situation yet buy he gets free running several times a week now, has numerous doggy friends, is excelling in training class (while surrounded by other dogs) and has also started agility. What's more is he is happy, comfortable and confident. He trusts me and I wouldn't sell that out for a quick fix for anything.

Feel free to pity Cain, and I'll continue to pity Jacca - the dog with the electric current strapped to his genitals

p.s. Here's my "poor frustrated" dog who never gets off lead with other dogs. Woe betide, he looks soooo unhappy

Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

Im done

Hear hear!!!! I wasn't going to get involved in this thread in the first place as it will acheive nothing, he will never change his views. I bow out of this thread now on the hope that ignoring him will make him go away.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 07:44 AM
this is a good thread. good idea.
Adam P
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Brierly/sep anxiety

I assume you mean sep anxiety? Even with other issues if I think its medical I will ask for the owner to have a vet check done, imo many cases are not medical, its pretty easy to tell the difference though!
With sep anxiety I will ask about how they leave the dog/were they leave it ect, I will also ask about other solutions they have tried, once we've been over this I will get started with the e collar.

Dawes paws. With other stuff I will watch the dog and give it breaks as it needs, so if it starts panting hard/tongue out the side of its mouth we will have a break for example.
Reality is I'm working with the client as much as the dog so often I will intro a behaviour to the dog then explain it to the client and maybe take the collar off the dog put it on me and get the client to practise on me, before we do it again with the dog. So usually quite a long break.
By the end of it the dog is usually bouncing around ready to start again.
That brings me to a good point about e collars, dogs love them! You get the collar out and the dog gets excited and eager. They love the increased communication the collar brings between them and the owner and the fact its usually associated with exciting off lead walks.

Dobermann, aversive (as negative reinforcement) encourage behaviour. In fact they are pretty much the only way to encourage behaviour (either directly or indirectly).
Anyone who trains a dog to do something (misflyn/ww/brierly this is applying to you) is using aversive to encourage behaviours fact!

Moons mum, so he only gets off lead a few times a week (as opposed to several hours a day) and with selected dogs, is he still kicking off at unexpected things then and certain other dogs? I note in the pic he wears a halti/harness and despite the fact he is loose is dragging a long line!

If he'd come to me 9or you'd accepted my free help) he could be off lead everyday mixing calmly with everything and everyone and having a great life, wouldn't that be preferable?

Btw the reason we push e collars is we know the difference they make and care about dogs enough to want to help.

Adam
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post

Im done

Hear hear as well.... this is the only post I will make in your vile thread. You are just a vile, sadistic bully, whose only concern is your own inflated, evil ego.
I hope one day your dogs collars fail and they run as far away from you into the arms of caring owners, who want them for who they are, not how many volts they can inflict on them!
You are a t**t.
Goodbye!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I repeat *shrug* You can continue to be personal and try to upset me but I honestly couldn't care less what you think. You're opinion is of no consequence to me. And incidently YOU broke you're rules by mentioning my dog first, I had no wish to bring him into this coversation, he came up on the back of a comment that YOU, so don't use "seeing as I bought him up" because I didn't.

Why do you ecollar trainers feel the need to push and push your method? As you say, you offered me "help" several times and I refused. I made it very clear how I felt from the start about ecollars but you couldn't accept it and leave it be, no you proceeded to hijack every thread. I will never use an ecollar and I would certainly never take behavioural advice from you.

Cain is progressing beautifully. I have the patience to heal him properly and every day he gets a bit better. I'm so proud of him. No he can't go off lead in EVERY situation yet buy he gets free running several times a week now, has numerous doggy friends, is excelling in training class (while surrounded by other dogs) and has also started agility. What's more is he is happy, comfortable and confident. He trusts me and I wouldn't sell that out for a quick fix for anything.

Feel free to pity Cain, and I'll continue to pity Jacca - the dog with the electric current strapped to his genitals

p.s. Here's my "poor frustrated" dog who never gets off lead with other dogs. Woe betide, he looks soooo unhappy

Lovely to see, Moons Mum - see him run!

I agree with all you say by the way.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I agree it's time to send Adam Palmer on his way ...

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by Azz View Post
This thread is for member Adam Palmer .....
  • A large number of regular members feel he is a troll - only posting to wind them up
  • Many of his posts upset members - as he uses or advocates 'cruel' methods such as electric shock collars, prong collars while cycling etc
  • He posts videos that some members find disturbing/are or borders animal cruelty
  1. ....
  2. Remember, you as a community can effectively 'ban' him - if he gets no posts in this thread after one he's made he can't post again. So that choice is up to you.

Sorry for snipping Azz and the bold is mine, just wanted to remind peeps that we can get rid of him if everyone can resist posting!

Wys
x
Moonstone
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Sorry for snipping Azz and the bold is mine, just wanted to remind peeps that we can get rid of him if everyone can resist posting!

Wys
x

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 22 « First < 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 > Last »