View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
carrielies
New Member!
Male 

08-02-2008, 05:04 PM
just back from the docs he didnt have to wait 5 days the scan showed it was that bad he phoned my doctor the same night, it turns out its that bad i need to have surgery in edinburgh within a couple weeks, i find out on monday when, im gutted, ive been signed of for 12 weeks initially, he said it will be up to the 2 weeks till i get the op and the normal recovery rate is 6 - 12 weeks but with me been a joiner it will more likely be the 12 weeks, cant believe it i had decided for the good of my supporting my family i was going back to work this monday just full of painkillers, instead now im not sure how im gona suport them. they have taken me off the diazepam for the spasms and put me on morphine to help with the pain. any one know any home work i can do to earn some extra cash ?
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by carrielies View Post
just back from the docs he didnt have to wait 5 days the scan showed it was that bad he phoned my doctor the same night, it turns out its that bad i need to have surgery in edinburgh within a couple weeks, i find out on monday when, im gutted, ive been signed of for 12 weeks initially, he said it will be up to the 2 weeks till i get the op and the normal recovery rate is 6 - 12 weeks but with me been a joiner it will more likely be the 12 weeks, cant believe it i had decided for the good of my supporting my family i was going back to work this monday just full of painkillers, instead now im not sure how im gona suport them. they have taken me off the diazepam for the spasms and put me on morphine to help with the pain. any one know any home work i can do to earn some extra cash ?
If you are self employed you should have insurance that covers any sickness. I would suggest that you get in contact with your insurance company.

If you are emplyed than you are entitled to sickness pay for up to three months.

Failing that you need to sign on sick with the social
carrielies
New Member!
Male 

08-02-2008, 08:58 PM
hi colin, my boss came round tonight and when i told him i could be off for up to 4 months he backed off quick and said i quote" u will not get no sick pay thru my bussiness , i told you in the begining 2 years ago you should take some sort of income protection out so im going to have to lay you off untill your better" i couldnt believe that, so now im not only needing an op but im getting no money, just dont know what to do im feeling so down and depressed at the moment, im realy frightened of having surgery and i dont know how im going to provide for my family whilst im off
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry to hear this, but surgery will give you instant relief and you will be able to a bit. I had to lie down for the most part for the first two weeks, they said walking was better than sitting too. Just follow their advice otherwise it will be pointless.
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6