View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jezbel
New Member!
Female 

02-09-2016, 10:08 PM

Dog breeds that are good at sniffing/spotting & staying safe of snakes?

Hey,

Happy Labor day weekend. This is Jezbel, we recently moved to the Conroe area in Houston, Texas.

We are new to this part of the world, as I grew up in Germany as my family has served the USA (we are Americans) for three generations.

I served as a medical professional and my husband as well. We are not that fit due to some health issues in our youths.

We have moved to Houston TX to raise our children and work in the hospital system in Conroe/Houston.

Our home has about 5 acres of land, it is overgrown, and looks like a jungle!

Today, I saw a snake, I think it was a garter/gardener snake and got worried. I think it was chasing a frog that jumped on to the patio.

We have been considering adopting or rehoming dogs (puppies) for a while, and now may be the time.

We are ok with shedding, grooming. The Dog will be home alone at times, as the kids will be in school and us at work.

Do you friendly folks know if there are any breeds which are good at spotting/sniffing out snakes? and can stay safe, and hopefully alert whomever is around?

We know this will require training, but there must surely be breeds which are better suited than others.

We want our kids to be safe, and us too of course.

Any other tips are welcome.

Thank you dear ones,
Jezbel