02-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Good Luck Ian!
I hope you get some good news
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Well I'm back!!!

Hi, I have just got back and have got some goodish news.

The surgeon seems unconcerned now about the ulcer on my left foot. I asked him about the honey dressings and he says they found them to make the wound to wet, so they don't really like them.

The Vascualar nurse thinks it has got a bit bigger but dosen't look angry and was also pleased with it, it hasn't got worse but it hasn't got better.
I asked her about respite care - where I could go into a place and have complete bed rest and she says they prefer to keep people mobile (which I can understand) however in my opinion 2 weeks rest may heal the ulcer instead of 4 months, if you know what I mean.

They are delighted with the progress of the new wound (right foot). So I just have to keep resting them both.

I joked on with the Vascular nurse and said " If I don't do something soon, the nurses won't be able to get in the door!" She said weill send the fire brigade to break the door down if we must."

Now I don't know if I want to cry, celebrate or be sick!

Thanks again for all your support.

I WILL KEEP FIGHTING!

Ian
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 03:31 PM
Glad it's reasonably good news Ian. Keep resting up
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

02-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Well thats good news if its no worse Ian
Shame about the honey tho, never mind worth asking
Hope it keeps up & starts shifting to better next time you have to go
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Can understand your mixed emotions Ian.

keep looking after yourself and as Christine says hopefully we'll be moving towards the more good news next time

Hugs to you and give Blackie a big hug from me too

Aileen x
Ruthlynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
That's a really positive sign Ian - the fact that it's got no worse I mean! There's something to be said about keeping mobile, it keeps the blood moving around the ulcer which help with healing. Sounds like you're in good hands!
You take care
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Hi Ian This is so spooky I have been in this exact same position with Dad sooo many times..small blister/hole/heals a bit/new hole/new blister/ulcer .. We tried NZ honey/seaweed dressings anything and everthing but nothing helped..the only real help is sticking to the diet with no refined sugars and lots of fresh food and complex carbohydrate.

Ian although respite care may be very tempting, having to look after yourself forces you to get up and about and this increases your mobility and gives you a reason to keep going ..also you have Blackie, your PC and your independence and those things are worth a lot...you would not have these things in respite care.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Hi Mini,

Sorry for not responding, but I haven't quite been in the 'talkative' mood lately. (I think it was all the trauma etc) anyway yes I can totally agree with you about my independance etc, but if the respite care could save my foot I would give it a go, in fact if he said put your finger on this live cable to cure your foot I would do it. - well with doubts anyway. As you said I have Blackie to look after and I will be honest, quite a few times if I hadn't had him I just wouldn't get out of bed.

Thanks every body for your thoughts.

Ian
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >