View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 09:14 AM
Bev, I can't really add to what has already been said.
Sending you huge hugs and Mo type licks and I hope things get sorted soon.
Stay strong xxxxxxxxxxx
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
So sorry you feel this way..sometimes our kids just need a kick up their backsides to make them wake up to the fact their parents have feeling too.

Why not write both of the a letter , as you have here, put it all down in writing, dont hold back let them know how you feel abandoned, and the lack of thought they give you.

Sometimes Bev , when its down in black and white , they HAVE TO LISTEN....... where as if you talk they will get defensive and shout over you.
I know it sounds daft, but I am actually scared to write them a letter as I think they would be on the phone having a go at mecalling me stupid and telling me I'm useless, and I am just not strong enough to cope with that right now.

Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
I'm so sorry you're feeling down and not surprised. Like the others have said, it sounds like a little kick up the pants might be in order. You're not being selfish or a burden needing a little help now and again especially after all you have and still do(walking home in slippers ). Sometimes looking after others it's hard to 'look after number one' and put ourselves first, without feeling guilty. It's easy sometimes for others to think 'oh they're ok and can look after themselves' and not see that a little help means a lot. Your dogs can't help with transport and hospital but love you very much and are there for you. Please don't feel alone x
My dogs are my world and I get accused of going overboard with them by my sons, with the way I talk to them and worry about them. But honestly apart from charly who does care about me, although also needs a kick up the back side as I can do too much for her, they are all I have that actually show me any affection and love and appreciation.

Originally Posted by lynnb View Post
Bev its very sad when a lady as nice as you are is treated like that. After reading your post i can see why you are so upset.
The next time they ask for a favour, try; the answer is no or i'm too busy.
Sometimes our children need to be reminded that we are not door mats.
You have had an awful lot to contend with recently bev, there is only so much a person can burden on there own shoulders. Have you spoken to your GP about how you are feeling?
I havn't spoken to my Gp about how I feel no. I have so many quite big health problems at the moment I am trying to contend with I havn't even told him all of them let alone my emotional state of mind.
I am struggling terribly financially, healthwise and emotionally and sometimes wondr is everything worth it anymore.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Bev, I can't really add to what has already been said.
Sending you huge hugs and Mo type licks and I hope things get sorted soon.
Stay strong xxxxxxxxxxx
Thankyou the hugs and Mo licks are appreciated.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-11-2010, 09:27 AM
Bev huge huge (((hugs))).

I do a lot well we both do for our two boys especially Michael as he is rubbish with money. But we know they are always grateful and they show it to us by little things just by being polite and not talking down to us.

I think you need to toughen up with them its so hard I know
but I really think you have to start putting yourself first.

I will pm you later for your address again as I have lost it from the last visit. As Gorden now works from home except for the odd meeting I will arrange with you too meet up I will come to you and how about we pop out for a coffee to a nursery or something and have a good old chat a wander round and look at all the pretty christmas stuff ?

You may know of a nursery or somewhere nice to go too if not I will do some research in the net for somewhere nearby to you. Only if you want to though.
lynnb
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2010, 09:37 AM
I havn't spoken to my Gp about how I feel no. I have so many quite big health problems at the moment I am trying to contend with I havn't even told him all of them let alone my emotional state of mind.
I am struggling terribly financially, healthwise and emotionally and sometimes wondr is everything worth it anymore.[/QUOTE]

Firstly big HUG bev,
With all you have been through recently, it sounds like you could be suffering from depression, you really need to see your GP and maybe get some councelling so you can off load everything.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 11:33 AM
First off Bev ((((BIG HUG)))) from us to you. I wish I could drive, I would come and help you out and give you a hug in person too.
I think you have got to be a bit more assertive with your sons'. You are ill, its about time you came first for a change and they need to know this... you are a truly lovely person and should be treated as such.
Take care and put yourself first!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Bev - we`re just down the road. If it would help I`d be happy to meet up or come to you.
You have lots of friends - they just need to know when you want support.
Kids can be thoughtless - but they need to know how you feel and what you are going through. Putting a brave face on it is not always the best thing. Talk to your kids.
x
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi
Made me really feel for you reading this. Your Sons should feel ashamed.
Please please put your self first and just concentrate on you and your dogs.
Sadly I can see 2 of my own children behaving just like your sons in a few years time.

Christine xx
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 01:40 PM
Big hugs from me too, sometimes our kids need to learn to stand on their own two feet, and as long as we keep giving, they will keep taking, I always thought my kids would get better with age, if anything, they got worse for a while, but now are all strong independent women. They are grown men now, you need to take care of yourself and look after your health, the one constant in life is that our dogs are there for us all the time and demand nothing more than a comfy bed, a full bowl and lots of hugs xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2010, 01:48 PM
Oh Bev, I soooooooo want to give you a huuuuge hug after reading that very sad post of yours It's just not fair is it, the way some children treat their parents, and I can never understand it either, when I had to watch the way my brother was with my old mum during my many visits over to Mallorca to see her, it was quite upsetting to say the least, but I was living miles away at the time, and could do little about it.

Maybe it's just another male thing, coz it's quite unusual for daughters to be like this I'm sure of it. Not only did I see my brother cut all ties with my old mum when she moved over here to be with us (because he knew he wouldn't be able to suck her dry anymore ), but I've also seen my own husband cut his ties with both his parents too, and it's just something that I will never understand.

Just like you, my mum didn't have much in the end, only her pension and a small investment, her capital being all tied up in her property, and I would watch the way she would scrimp and scrape to live, and yet if my brother wanted anything, he could have it,she would always go without, even to the extent that she used a lot of her investment money to buy him his own little flat over there I was always the one who did everything for my parents and yet I was always the one who it was kind of "expected" of, and got no rewards for it. I eventually got my reward though, by having mum living here with us for her last 4 years, and I wouldn't have traded that for all the money in the world.

I remember when mum was in hospital for 7 weeks, and I used to go there every, single day to give her a top to toe wash, and one day, the sister collared me to say, "do you know, out of this entire hospital, YOU are the only person who has ever come to help out a parent like this"!! It's a huuuge hospital too, so that says something doesn't it I suppose a lot of them are hoping they're never coming back out, so they'll just sit and wait for the will to be read

I don't know what the answer is for you Bev, I wish, like Rachel, I had a magic wand to make you feel better, and I really don't think a kick up the a*se is going to do any good, it could end up making it worse. That letter might be a good idea, tell it from the heart Bev, let them know just how c*ap they've made you feel, hit them where it hurts if they've got any amount of compassion in them.

I had to watch my poor old mum when she was old and frail, constantly asking me if I had heard from my brother, to which I always had to reply "no", and then she'd say, "well, I haven't got anything now have I, they don't want to know" and it would break my heart, but at least she still had me to give her a big hug or make her laugh, but the pain she must have hidden inside must have been massive, her much loved son, deserting her like that, just because she felt old and frail and felt the need to be with somebody who she knew would be there for her right up to the end, and that must have been a really nice feeling for her.

If you need a chat Bev, just pick up the phone, if I'm in, I'm always here for you, I can be a cyber shoulder for you to lean on when you need it. We all love ya Bev, along with Shady and Kyiro, and I hope to God, those sons of yours come round to appreciating you as they should, but what it will take for them to do that, I don't have the answer I'm afraid. Lots of cyberhugs to you Bev, and some very special kisses from Zena and some really slobbery ones from old Georgie, he loves ya too!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »