View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

19-03-2010, 01:40 PM
I buy my TVs from John Lewis as you get a free 5yr warranty and you can usually get them to price match other retailer prices.

Re Curry's ext warranty - go for the new TV! Technology moves so fast that a new TV the cost of what you paid for your old one will almost certainly be significantly better
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-03-2010, 01:56 PM
No wonder you are so frustrated. I tend to wait till there is a store full of people then have my rant and quite loudly point out all the obstacles they have put in my way to get out of fulfilling their obligation.

Gorden refuses to come in with me when I am on a mission.

Hope you get it resolved, we are having issues re: heating engineers not turning up when supposed to and the companies customer service department is no better than what you are dealing with. Makes my blood boil.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2010, 08:09 PM
UPDATE>>>>>>

well it has now had 3 psu's since 1st march, last friday they finally scrapped it.

because of the holidays its now taking longer for my refund to come through so we took a trip to the store.
after explaining the situation they now have requested the refund be sent by email, in vouchers, to them. that way i get a TV quicker.

so at last a result.

ps,

if you do take out this warranty ignore the bit where it says the engineer will come out within 2 days to repair your tv. apparantly they stopped doing this a year ago and havent even told the stores or taken it off their leaflets.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-04-2010, 09:04 AM
Phew - glad you are going to get a new TV.
But do you have to have store vouchers - surely if it is a faulty product you can have your money back? And the money for the warranty too (cheeky ) Then as Azz has said I would take my money to John Lewis or even Costco who have a brilliant guarantee service.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2