Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 07:49 AM

Whiffling Wednesday 21st December 2022

Morning all. I like that word 'Whiffling'. Reminds me of dogs that whiffle in your ear. Hopefully off out for lunch but as said before anything can happen etc. Apparently this was said on Stingray. Anyone remember that? I know my friend only to well.
Bit chillier this morning. Yesterday didn't have to have the heating on at all. Have a good day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 11:04 AM
Lol...yeah Brenda, anything can happen in the next half hour... stingray stringray.
Still have the bl**dy cough, woke me up early again, lots to do, need to bath the dogs before my brother comes but I am apprehensive because of Kota's back....maybe just spray them with doggy cologne
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 12:14 PM
Good afternoon Brenda and Kelly

Hope you do get out for your meal and if so enjoy it.

Hope your cough soon improves Kelly. Doggy cologne sound good got me and a lot easier and safer too.

Dull and damp first thing now raining. Been busy this morning. Defrosted the big freezer in the shed and the one in the utility room. Two dining chairs for the kitchen ordered from Argos arrived this morning so have put those together. Now safe to sit on without the fear the legs will go. The old ones Barry has braced but they are falling apart again. Will try and save the better one so that I have a spare should it be needed.

Take care everyone
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-12-2022, 12:56 PM
One happy chappy here , just got my new 3 year driving licence having passed the DVLA eye sight test as I have glaucoma. To say I was worried is an understatement
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 04:49 PM
Oh great news Barry. Well as I said anything in the next half hour did. Margaret's husband
was going to bring her over but he got an emergency call out so she missed the bus. In the end I went in taxi on my own to restaurant and she came on later bus. Sadly the call out for hubby was a sad one. He is an emergency call out person to people who need cardiac stuff done. Anyway food was lovely. Have got to wait now till next Wednesday to decide what to have for birthday. Sue, I have a dodgy chair, it's a director's chair which I think has rivets? I am the only one who sits on it just incase. lol!! Have a good evening folks.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 08:35 PM
Steve has COVID, been and left supplies at his door, worried sick as he didn't bother with the booster
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 09:05 PM
Good evening all and congratulations TW

Gary's smoke alarm is now replaced and is hopefully working - well all bar a flashing light in the bedroom, but it needs a new socket fitting so they'll come back in the new year for that - YAY

Scooters are going into People First in town in the new year. They've had the problem before. We'll pay for a full diagnostic report and for them to do whatever is necessary. I don't trust sending the scooters back to Glebe and I need to know how far we can go on them reliably. It'll cost us £120 for the pair of them, and I will try to claim it back from Glebe, but I'm not holding my breath

This cold is the strangest and worst I've ever had. Just can't seem to shake it and every time I think it's over, it hits again. Weird
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 09:07 PM
Should have said that Glebe rang us and said the engineer found nothing wrong which I know damn well is a lie. We asked for a copy of his report and she said no. Asked if they had any more reported faults - no.

They are outright liars

I've a feeling if we sent the scooters back to them as suggested, it could take months and they'd still come back faulty
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 10:47 PM
Chris, I would be leaving poor FB reviews, trip advisor, Google, if they are local... local group pages, defective items are disgusting but..... expensive and defective mobility aids...no!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-12-2022, 10:50 PM
Hopefully Gary's alarm issues ( and yours) will soon be over Chris
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >