View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2012, 06:23 PM
I used to have 4/5 a day. Horrible, horrible things. Mine came on on the first anniversary of my dads death, and haven't totally gone away, but are better.

I was told of lots of little things to deal with them. I only ever got mine when i was out, so I was told to make sure i had everything i needed, phone charged, money, keys, have something on me to drink, go to the loo before you go out, make everything really straitforwards.

I still get them from time to time, but i deal with them sooo much better. Usually a quiet sit down somewhere, sip of a drink, takes me about 10 seconds to calm down now, as opposed to them never feeling like they were going to stop! I used to worry i was going to have one, which obviously made them worse!
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Panic attacks are just horrible. I had one the other evening and all I was doing was lying in bed! There is always a trigger and I think mine was that my ex suddenly changed his mind about having the children for the weekend, so whereas I nornally have a week to prepare myself for them going, that day I ahd about an hour, Obviously my body couldn't handle the stress and a panic attack occured a few hours after they had gone.
They are truly terrifying and you honestly feel you are going to die. My vision goes, my heart feels ready to explode out my chest, my breathing goes into overdrive.

I also have depression and aspergers which I do beleive are strongly linked with anxiety and panic attacks.

A few years ago I had panic attacks on a daily basis but now they are few and far between, since I have learnt how to manage my anxiety and to talk my self out of getting inot that state of panic.

All I do kknow is that I wouldn't wish panic attacks on my worst enemy
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2