View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Shunamite Stud is excellent - but IIRC has a rather long waiting list - as you would expect for someone of such repute You will likely have to wait a while for some Shunamite babies - but i am sure they would be 100% worth the wait!

xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:34 AM
I've had rats in the past and they are just fab. Sorry to hear about your cat, Emma xx
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Zoundz View Post
Shunamite Stud is excellent - but IIRC has a rather long waiting list - as you would expect for someone of such repute You will likely have to wait a while for some Shunamite babies - but i am sure they would be 100% worth the wait!

xx
Can totally recommend Alison's rats DRat and Geordie were Shunamite boys never a sick day in their lives and were almost 30 months when I lost them. I'm on the list for girls so am waiting patiently Alison also gives backup and advice not only for her rats but for any questions you might have
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2009, 11:47 PM

xx
The website did look very good, but even then you're never sure are you? Nice to get a good recommendation to seal the deal as it were. Might send them an email then and get the ball rolling. Rats have been a dream of mine for sometime (although Degus are rather cute too!) and I'm happy to wait for the right Rattie.

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I've had rats in the past and they are just fab. Sorry to hear about your cat, Emma xx
Thanks hun I'm gutted really. I always had a feeling I'd see her again, but it looks like I'm wrong. It's hard to spend 12 years of your life with an animal for it then to disappear into thin air....

Originally Posted by cava14una View Post
Can totally recommend Alison's rats DRat and Geordie were Shunamite boys never a sick day in their lives and were almost 30 months when I lost them. I'm on the list for girls so am waiting patiently Alison also gives backup and advice not only for her rats but for any questions you might have
Thanks hun, sorry again about your Ratties. Think I quite fancy boys for my first Ratties, I've heard they're a little easier to deal with!
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 12:09 AM
I would always be very hesitant about any breeder that wasn't available at any time of day or night for the new owners of any rats they've bred (or any other animal for that matter) - I know we're always available for owners to call us! It's a vital part of breeding IMHO.

Alison is a fabulous breeder, really - one of the very best there is IMO. I'm not just saying that, FWIW, as it happens we don't really get on as people but I will always have an unending respect for her breeding practices and her knowledge

xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2009, 12:23 AM
I would always be very hesitant about any breeder that wasn't available at any time of day or night for the new owners of any rats they've bred (or any other animal for that matter) - I know we're always available for owners to call us! It's a vital part of breeding IMHO.

Alison is a fabulous breeder, really - one of the very best there is IMO. I'm not just saying that, FWIW, as it happens we don't really get on as people but I will always have an unending respect for her breeding practices and her knowledge

xx
That's very good of you to say, we can't always get on with everyone after all! I've sent her an email anyway, so I'll see what her reply is, fingers crossed!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3