Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smukie
New Member!
Female 

22-05-2010, 12:21 AM

Anyone have any advice please? :(

hi all im new so bear wit me if u wud ..anyway i have a white german shephard dog he is 5yrs old. i have ad 2 iccedients now. the 1st was about a mth ago. i was walkin him down the stream down the field by us. he was runing in n outthn all of a sudden he looks at me start rockin side 2 side wen i called him wen he tryd 2 walk he was rockin and goin bkwards. after about 15mins he seamd 1 av ran it off. this eve he was lyin on the floor and startd 2 wot lookd like a fit or something. he got up nut his balnace wa off a tad n kept sitin or lyin down again 15mins after he seamed fine thou thi eve he seams 2 av no engery. both days av been hot 2 day hotter but we have ad much hotter days and this has never happend. any inout wud be gratfully receive
kind regards
lisa
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 12:55 AM
From what I can make out of your post, you dog could probably due with a checkover from a vet. Explain whats been going on and maybe get some professional opinions.

Just a friendly tip, might be easier for others to respond to your post if you take the time to type things out in proper English. Some of us don't speak text talk.
liverbird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by smukie View Post
hi all im new so bear wit me if u wud ..anyway i have a white german shephard dog he is 5yrs old. i have ad 2 iccedients now. the 1st was about a mth ago. i was walkin him down the stream down the field by us. he was runing in n outthn all of a sudden he looks at me start rockin side 2 side wen i called him wen he tryd 2 walk he was rockin and goin bkwards. after about 15mins he seamd 1 av ran it off. this eve he was lyin on the floor and startd 2 wot lookd like a fit or something. he got up nut his balnace wa off a tad n kept sitin or lyin down again 15mins after he seamed fine thou thi eve he seams 2 av no engery. both days av been hot 2 day hotter but we have ad much hotter days and this has never happend. any inout wud be gratfully receive
kind regards
lisa
oh dear it does sound like you need to take him to a vet from what I can decipher from your post hun.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-05-2010, 07:15 AM
2 issues i can see:

you need to explain things in a way people can understand

and you need to speak to a person that deals with medical issues, ie, a vet.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Is he well apart from this? If he is having fits, it may be as you say that the heat was a factor, or it could be that the vet needs to keep an eye on him. If the vet confirms it is epilepsy, have a look at this article: http://www.dogsey.com/dog-articles.php?t=14937. However, these seizures could be caused by other things, so see the vet first.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-05-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
2 issues i can see:
there are such things as dyslexia, or language difficulties, my sister is deaf and as brainy as she is she can't write proper english as her 1st language is sign language. Please think before you critisise, if this was my sister posting this I would be highly offended. It's a dog forum, not an English Language forum.

I'm sorry your dog is poorly Lisa, I'm afraid I have no experiece of fits, but I would agree that he definately needs a vet check up, asap xxx
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
there are such things as dyslexia, or language difficulties, my sister is deaf and as brainy as she is she can't write proper english as her 1st language is sign language. Please think before you critisise, if this was my sister posting this I would be highly offended. It's a dog forum, not an English Language forum.

I'm sorry your dog is poorly Lisa, I'm afraid I have no experiece of fits, but I would agree that he definately needs a vet check up, asap xxx
as you say, but people can generally tell text speak when they see it and know the difference.

after all, everyone else on the thread saw and said the same thing.
michele44
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2010, 06:09 PM
text talk or not....i think you should take him to a vets or maybe ring the vets and ask their opinion, it maybe his ears...it could be a range of things but something more serious might be going on...good luck.....or gd luk

xxxxxx
weevle21
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 08:28 AM
HI, I agree you should go to the vets. It could be a new onset of epilepsy or even some kind of heat stroke There is a possibility of stroke or mini stroke or if he was stunned like that during exercise there could be an underlying heart condition. I don't mean to scare you but it should not be left.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

27-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
2 issues i can see:

and you need to speak to a person that deals with medical issues, ie, a vet.
Agree with both comments.

Its very difficult for us oldies to understand text talk, so it woudl be much better you worded your posts so we can understand them.

Also agree, you need to take your dog to a vet, and tell them the symptoms he has had.,